New Music Friday!

based on one listen to each:

four tet - mildly disappointing?
shabaka and the ancestors - goodly!
porridge radio - it's good but it's hardly life-changing, just well made indie pop / rock

Dig the Four Tet. The singles set my expectations extremely high though so I could see calling it disappointing.

I absolutely adore the Porridge Radio. 4x through already. Best post-punk album since Ice Age / Idles released their masterpieces of 2018

My playlist for today:

Irreversible Entanglements - Who Sent You?
Zebra Katz -LESS IS MOOR
Arbouretum - Let It All In
The Weeknd - After Hours
ONIPA - We No Be Machine
Tony Allen & Hugh Masekela - Rejoice
Estee Nack & Superior - BALADAS

yesterday and today i sampled:
the weeknd - okay, pretty catchy, mebbe a bit long and, thus, patchy overall?
songs for australia - some covers are better than others
j balvin - it's super catchy; just wish i knew what he was singing about! (my fault for not speaking spanish, not his for singing in his native tongue)

looking forward to trying the baxter dury and the new waxahatchee in due course, although not terribly enthused by the latter based upon the singles

j balvin - it's super catchy; just wish i knew what he was singing about! (my fault for not speaking spanish, not his for singing in his native tongue)

looking forward to trying the baxter dury and the new waxahatchee in due course, although not terribly enthused by the latter based upon the singles
You know, that's an interesting point; I have lots of international music where I have no clue what they are talking about and yet mumble rap turns me off. Maybe there's a difference, in my mind at least, that there are some people who understand something as opposed to no one knowing....

the Baxter Dury album is fantastic. I’m a fan of all of his previous ines but this may be the best yet.

Projects I'm interested in today:

Nicholas Jaar - Cenizas
Knxwledge - 1988
Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud
Little Dragon - New Me Same Us
The Chats - High Risk Behavior
The Necks - Three
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
Jesse Reyez - Before Love Came to Kill Us
Half Waif- The Caretaker
Nap Eyes - Snapshot of a Beginner
Orion Sun - Hold Space for Me
Melt Yourself Down - 100%
The Orb - Abolition of the Royal Familia
Lilly Hiatt - Walking Proof
Napoleon Da Legend - Afrostreet 2
Vanderslice - Trendsetter

I might have even forgotten a couple, but that is a solid list of listening for the weekend. Good day for new music!

Last edited:
Back