Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

The Covid denial in some people amazes and actually saddens me. I have a co-worker who is loudly pro-Trump, is anti-mask, pro-stolen election theories, pro-virus-is-a-hoax. He reminds me of his positions at every turn...he reposts (and recites in person) all the usual memes and videos about watermarked ballots, and masks don't work etc etc.

So, his father was hospitalized with breathing problems on Sunday night and was diagnosed with Covid. This coworker said "they are wrong, it's just fluid on the lungs, but they are pumping up the case numbers." His father passed away last night and his stance is 'the hospital gave him Covid because he definitely didn't have it before he got there.'

All of a sudden I feel sorry for this guy. I have spent many years in extreme dislike of him because he posts N-bombs, called the Obamas monkeys more times than I can count during those eight years, and is truly despicable in his views. (views that he is willing to publish repeatedly.) But now he is so wound up with this crap the he's been fed, that among his first emotions about his dad dying is anger at the doctors and nurses, and that it's part of the Covid hoax.

I'm not posting this to in any way to diminish the awfulness of his father passing; I just can't believe that even with the numbers being reported here in our state and nationwide, and now there's one right in his family, that he can't see this awful virus for what it is. I hope he can grieve without anger towards others at some point.

The Covid denial in some people amazes and actually saddens me. I have a co-worker who is loudly pro-Trump, is anti-mask, pro-stolen election theories, pro-virus-is-a-hoax. He reminds me of his positions at every turn...he reposts (and recites in person) all the usual memes and videos about watermarked ballots, and masks don't work etc etc.

So, his father was hospitalized with breathing problems on Sunday night and was diagnosed with Covid. This coworker said "they are wrong, it's just fluid on the lungs, but they are pumping up the case numbers." His father passed away last night and his stance is 'the hospital gave him Covid because he definitely didn't have it before he got there.'

All of a sudden I feel sorry for this guy. I have spent many years in extreme dislike of him because he posts N-bombs, called the Obamas monkeys more times than I can count during those eight years, and is truly despicable in his views. (views that he is willing to publish repeatedly.) But now he is so wound up with this crap the he's been fed, that among his first emotions about his dad dying is anger at the doctors and nurses, and that it's part of the Covid hoax.

I'm not posting this to in any way to diminish the awfulness of his father passing; I just can't believe that even with the numbers being reported here in our state and nationwide, and now there's one right in his family, that he can't see this awful virus for what it is. I hope he can grieve without anger towards others at some point.
This is truly awful. I hope your coworker can find some peace soon.

All of this. This right here is why I stayed far away from politics for forever. It becomes such an identity that people lose focus on reality. Reality is terrible enough without having to distort it into something even worse.

The soul of our country is rotten and I am not sure there is a cure.

The soul of our country is rotten and I am not sure there is a cure.
Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think the only way forward is with radical compassion for all of humanity. Not sure if we can do this or not, but it's the only way forward that doesn't involve people starving, people getting kicked out of housing, and people dying or being marred by easily preventable/easily treatable diseases.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think the only way forward is with radical compassion for all of humanity. Not sure if we can do this or not, but it's the only way forward that doesn't involve people starving, people getting kicked out of housing, and people dying or being marred by easily preventable/easily treatable diseases.
Oh. honey... yes, yes, you are entirely too optimistic.

Paul Kim had had enough of Santa Clara County’s strict COVID-19 policies for youth contact sports.

In early September, he packed up his two soccer-loving daughters and relocated from San Jose to Phoenix.

“There is a development window,” Kim said of youth soccer. “Once it is gone, it is gone. It doesn’t come back.”

Will and Katherine Lowry of Palo Alto came to the same conclusion. Will Lowry moved Liam, 15, and Kaitlin, 13, to Utah in early September so his kids could continue their budding soccer careers.

I was just about to post this. Can you believe the contents??!!

"Infants, kids, teens, young people, young adults, middle aged with no conditions etc. have zero to little risk….so we use them to develop herd…we want them infected…" Alexander added.

"t may be that it will be best if we open up and flood the zone and let the kids and young folk get infected" in order to get "natural immunity…natural exposure," Alexander wrote on July 24 to Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn, Caputo and eight other senior officials. Caputo subsequently asked Alexander to research the idea, according to emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee's select subcommittee on coronavirus.
Alexander also argued that colleges should stay open to allow Covid-19 infections to spread, lamenting in a July 27 email to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield that “we essentially took off the battlefield the most potent weapon we had...younger healthy people, children, teens, young people who we needed to fastly [sic] infect themselves, spread it around, develop immunity, and help stop the spread.”

I was just about to post this. Can you believe the contents??!!

"Infants, kids, teens, young people, young adults, middle aged with no conditions etc. have zero to little risk….so we use them to develop herd…we want them infected…" Alexander added.

"t may be that it will be best if we open up and flood the zone and let the kids and young folk get infected" in order to get "natural immunity…natural exposure," Alexander wrote on July 24 to Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn, Caputo and eight other senior officials. Caputo subsequently asked Alexander to research the idea, according to emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee's select subcommittee on coronavirus.
Alexander also argued that colleges should stay open to allow Covid-19 infections to spread, lamenting in a July 27 email to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield that “we essentially took off the battlefield the most potent weapon we had...younger healthy people, children, teens, young people who we needed to fastly [sic] infect themselves, spread it around, develop immunity, and help stop the spread.”
"spread it around, develop immunity, and help stop the spread"

LMFAO What?!

Got reports from the kids' school of multiple parents getting sick and one teacher. We pulled the kids for the rest of the year. They were supposed to stay with grandmother during part of their Christmas break but now they're stuck home because she is high risk. Tests for everybody and a nice new home stressor to negotiate. I am WFH for the rest of the year as a result but I will have to manage kids the entire day.

Got reports from the kids' school of multiple parents getting sick and one teacher. We pulled the kids for the rest of the year. They were supposed to stay with grandmother during part of their Christmas break but now they're stuck home because she is high risk. Tests for everybody and a nice new home stressor to negotiate. I am WFH for the rest of the year as a result but I will have to manage kids the entire day.
Have fun with that. My youngest is quarantined for a week because a kid in his class came down with Covid. His day includes a lot of waiting for mom to finish something for work.

So school-from-home started today for the entire province as they're starting a big 3-week shut down over the holidays in the hope of getting a course correction. When all's said and done that only translates to 5 school days at home - 3 before the holidays and 2 after. The little one is attending virtual class from her bedroom right now. So far so good, but we're only a few hours in.

Back