Neil Young

Finally listening to Before & After on NYA. Its a really enjoyable listen and essentially the performances he gave on the west coast tour - surprised it wasn't sourced from them. Birds struck me in particular given its message and 50 more years of living and loss coming through in the performance than the original on After the Gold Rush.

Edited to add: Got to Mother Earth on the album. Glad that when I saw him he swapped it out for Like A Hurricane.
And most importantly, "I'm The Ocean" made the cut...leadoff track no less!

He played "Mother Earth" when I saw him this summer. I seem to recall that he also played "Like a Hurricane", but looking now I guess not. Oh well, we did get "Birds", which he only played at a few venues. "Vampire Blues" too.

And most importantly, "I'm The Ocean" made the cut...leadoff track no less!

He played "Mother Earth" when I saw him this summer. I seem to recall that he also played "Like a Hurricane", but looking now I guess not.

Damn Straight! Im The Ocean was the best part of the night for sure. I think he only played Like A Hurricane at the San Diego show. Vampire Blues is a pretty good get though! That doesn't get pulled out very often.

Additional tour dates are out for Neil & Crazy Horse. 2 shows at a smaller venue (4,600) here is surprising but welcome!

Wednesday, April 24 & Thursday, April 25: San Diego, CA, Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre

Saturday, April 27: Phoenix, AZ, Talking Stick Resort Amphitheatre

Wednesday, May 1: Austin, TX: Germania Insurance Amphitheater

Thursday, May 2: Dallas, TX, Dos Equis Pavilion

Sunday, May 5: Huntsville, AL, Orion Amphitheater

Tuesday, May 7: Atlanta, GA, Ameris Bank Amphitheatre

Wednesday, May 8: Franklin, TN, FirstBank Amphitheater

Saturday, May 11: Bristow, VA, Jiffy Lube Live

Sunday, May 12: Camden, NJ, Freedom Mortgage Pavilion

Tuesday, May 14: Queens, NY, Forest Hills Stadium

Friday, May 17: Mansfield, MA, Xfinity Center

Saturday, May 18: Bridgeport, CT - Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater

Monday, May 20: Toronto, ON, Budweiser Stage

Wednesday, May 22: Clarkston, MI, Pine Knob Music Theatre

Thursday, May 23: Chicago, IL, Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island

Additional tour dates are out for Neil & Crazy Horse. 2 shows at a smaller venue (4,600) here is surprising but welcome!

Wednesday, April 24 & Thursday, April 25: San Diego, CA, Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre

Nice! I’ll be in Phoenix for that one. Gotta find tickets!

At time of purchase, fans can opt in to receive a physical CD of the Neil Young + Crazy Horse new album FU##IN' UP included with their tickets for no additional cost.​
FU##IN' UP reveals Neil Young + Crazy Horse in all their ragged glory, playing songs from their long relationship. Neil and The Horse have played together for over 50 years and the performances of these familiar songs, recorded in 2023, is a true highlight. As Neil explains, "In the spirit it's offered…made this for the Horse lovers. I can't stop it. The horse is runnin'. What a ride we have. I don't want to mess with the vibe. I am so happy to have this to share." FU##IN' UP contains 9 songs on 2 LPs. The album will be released in limited edition color vinyl pressing on Record Store Day April 20 with a wider, all format release starting April 26. For further details go to NYA. Details about this release will be announced shortly.​

Playing here on my birthday. Might need to drag the wife against her will as my birthday present.

Back