Neil Young

Looks like Neil Young's After the Goldrush 50th anniversary package is now available at Target, and part of the Buy-2-Get-2-Free sale. That means you could get it for about $59 if you were so inclined.

Looks like Neil Young's After the Goldrush 50th anniversary package is now available at Target, and part of the Buy-2-Get-2-Free sale. That means you could get it for about $59 if you were so inclined.
Note about this, the greedy hand store refers to the current item for sale as a bundle... so maybe there will be a not $100 box at some point.

First time I saw Neil was the Are You Passionate tour w/ Booker T. & The MGs - Blind Melon and Stone Temple Pilots opened. Really regret missing the Ragged Glory tour though. Seen him a number of times since - caught the Greendale tour 3-4 times, the 2008 tour where he closed with a blistering cover of Day in the Life, Bridge Benefit, and more.

Watching the Greendale film brought back good memories of those shows - that was a really cool Mic stand he had.

I listened to the Return to Greendale live album by chance the other night; I quite liked it. It's maybe not Neil's tightest material, but I never get tired of connecting with a corner of his discography I hadn't encountered before.

I listened to the Return to Greendale live album by chance the other night; I quite liked it. It's maybe not Neil's tightest material, but I never get tired of connecting with a corner of his discography I hadn't encountered before.
I have Reactor ordered, found it on UDiscover’s sale for $12. Diving in to some murky water here.

I have Reactor ordered, found it on UDiscover’s sale for $12. Diving in to some murky water here.
The only album by Neil that I outright dislike is Landing on Water. Even it has merit, I just don’t think the instrumentation was the best choice for the material.

Starting at the beginning. This is the first time he's released a studio version Time Fades Away, right? Digging the first disc so far!

Edited to add - Nice slowed down version of Human Highway at the end too.

Last edited:
I don't even know what to say about this. I am often taking a chance and ordering things from amazon warehouse and returning them when its the wrong item or its way beyond acceptable condition. Greendale popped up for $40 and I took the chance thinking it was likely the live set that came out, but whatever, I'll see what happens. I am speechless... I mean where has this been for 15 years?

IMAG3472.jpg

I don't even know what to say about this. I am often taking a chance and ordering things from amazon warehouse and returning them when its the wrong item or its way beyond acceptable condition. Greendale popped up for $40 and I took the chance thinking it was likely the live set that came out, but whatever, I'll see what happens. I am speechless... I mean where has this been for 15 years?
View attachment 80240
I never got into Greendale (at least not yet), as my Neil self-education hasn't gotten much further than the 80s/90s, but the live Return to Greendale album has been in my rotation all month. It maybe doesn't reach his highest highs, but I quite enjoy it.

I never got into Greendale (at least not yet), as my Neil self-education hasn't gotten much further than the 80s/90s, but the live Return to Greendale album has been in my rotation all month. It maybe doesn't reach his highest highs, but I quite enjoy it.
yeah, I saw neil perform it on tour and have loved it ever since. I got the live set that came out and was thrilled to finally have a version on vinyl. I've been trying to get decently priced version of the original for years, but never imagined it'd be this decently priced.

Back