Neil Young

Any copies of Homegrown in stock that aren't like $30?
US buyer. Had 2 orders cancelled (including Bandbox).
EDIT trying ZIA

Any copies of Homegrown in stock that aren't like $30?
US buyer. Had 2 orders cancelled (including Bandbox).
EDIT trying ZIA
Rough Trade NYC had about 50 copies in stock in their store last weekend when I went. If it's not on their website, give them a call and they might ship you one.

Trying Target again, I get 5% off with my RedCard. Worth a try.
If not, the link above definitely has copies. Not sure what shipping is but I don't think you're going to find many copies online to ship for less than $30 with shipping. The list price was $24. I believe the only difference between the RSD one and the general release is the art print.

Archives Vol. 2 is back on. Scheduled for a November 6th release.

The big one is the long-awaited release of Neil Young Archives Volume 2, first promised after Vol. 1 dropped in 2009. The last we really heard anything about the collection was in 2014, but it looks like it’s finally ready for the world. Expected to span material from around 1973 to 1982, Young previously said Vol. 2 would be “full of albums that weren’t there before — stuff I did that I never put out.”

NYA Vol 2 will be available via his Neil Young Archives website on November 6th. That same day will also see the release of Return to Greendale, a live set from his tour with Crazy Horse behind 2003’s Greendale. Then on December 6th, another Crazy Horse concert recorded at the Santa Cruz’s Catalyst Club in November 1990 will be shared under the title Way Down in the Rust Bucket.

So now we get to wait 3 more months to see if those Target orders ship. :cautious:

Just got a target email saying the delivery date for archives vol2 is pushed back to September 3, but pretty sure the release date was pushed to November. Maybe bodes well for the target deal on those to actually go through though?

Just got a target email saying the delivery date for archives vol2 is pushed back to September 3, but pretty sure the release date was pushed to November. Maybe bodes well for the target deal on those to actually go through though?
I got the same email. It is weird because you’re right—release date is supposed to be Nov 6...

Unsuprisingly I got another email asking me to approve a shipping delay, but only til Sep 10. I'm guessing I'll get a few more of these...
Same. Had to approve this AM. Also make sure your CC info is up to date because they cancelled some people’s’ other preorders that way. Target places a hold on your CC every 30 days on preorders.

Still so upset that I wasn’t aware of the Target Archive 2 deal. I know a lot of people are getting cancelled, but I hope as many of y’all get it as possible.
Also, the track listing was just announced.Ten CDs including some great looking live shows.

Still so upset that I wasn’t aware of the Target Archive 2 deal. I know a lot of people are getting cancelled, but I hope as many of y’all get it as possible.
Also, the track listing was just announced.Ten CDs including some great looking live shows.

My initial thoughts on this:

- Very interesting this set only covers four years, 72-76, but arguably his creative peak years, so that's cool. I guess this means Vol. 3 will probably cover 77-81, before the Geffen years.
- Some pretty interesting unreleased song titles on there. Wondering if the Time Fades Away era stuff is possibly studio versions of those tracks.
- Awesome to see Raised On Robbery will be on the Tonight's The Night disc.
- It's too bad they are repeating previously released stuff again (Tuscaloosa, Roxy, and Homegrown), but I guess to be expected since that's how Vol. 1 was.
- Wondering what the difference will be in the "deluxe" set, supposedly only available on Neil's website, vs. the $10 Target deal. Also wondering if there will be any visual component like the last box, or if that will only be on the NYA site via a subscription.
- I'm glad they are keeping the same design of the box as Vol. 1 - they will look good next to each other on the shelf, lol...

Back