Needles & Grooves Fantasy Hockey League

@BjorgenFjorgen not sure if the league settings can be modified at this point but I think I speak for every manager here, when I say the roster size should be increased to 16 like most fantasy hockey leagues 🤔 This would allow us to have an extra BN slot for those PPD games due to COVID-19 or for players that are DTD or OUT.
How does everyone else feel? I can check later if I'm able to adjust the roster slots, and if I can, I'll open it on Monday at a set time so everyone has the same chance to add a player of their liking. I honestly don't think it's necessary, as PPD games aren't cancelled and will still be played throughout the season, and maybe choosing players that aren't at risk of missing games is part of the strategy. But I will try to do it if others feel the same.

How does everyone else feel? I can check later if I'm able to adjust the roster slots, and if I can, I'll open it on Monday at a set time so everyone has the same chance to add a player of their liking. I honestly don't think it's necessary, as PPD games aren't cancelled and will still be played throughout the season, and maybe choosing players that aren't at risk of missing games is part of the strategy. But I will try to do it if others feel the same.
For me it's not a matter of adding a player but rather prevent from having to drop one because Markstrom may be inserted back into the lineup on Monday after being on the IR for a week. It's bad enough that I had to drop a D to make room for Ovi on my roster 😕

You're adding an interesting point... if we're adding a BN slot, the selections should go through waivers for fairness. Adds a lot of complexity (if that's even possible).

In the end, I'm not sure it's necessarily a good idea. And this is coming from someone that got walloped by PPD games. I figure those games will eventually be played so it should even out.

Last edited:
Also, having to drop good players and make tough decisions also helps even things out. I'm not sure giving the us the opportunity to hoard good players is necessarily good.

I think I'm siding on status quo.

I've had three weeks of PPD hell. It sucked, but also I can't get those back if we change the rules now.

Back