Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 9 - March 2020 /// X-Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents

Oooooooh I think I have an idea...

The Patti Smith Group - Easter

1. BananaRama - I’m taking ”I Heard A Rumour” as being a pithy way of starting off the thread rather than an outright clue...

2. Sad bastard music - Tick, it’s full of catholic iconography

3. GameCube Controller - 🤷🏻‍♂️

4. Man on the Moon - Space Monkey

5. New Genre - Yup

6. Mirror - 🤷🏻‍♂️

7. Not 00s - yes

8. TV - Tom Verlaine co-wrote and played on some of the songs

9. Magazines - 🤷🏻‍♂️

10. 1 - 🤷🏻‍♂️

11. Band - Technically...

12. Man on the drums, influential but not got the credit - yup, Jay Dee Daugherty & Yeah Patti should, like Joni, be revered on the same pedestal as the likes of Dylan and Bowie.

CGBG- One of its famous scene artists and credits it in the original hand written liner notes to this album.

Last edited:

1. BananaRama - I’m taking ”I Heard A Rumour” as being a pithy of starting off the thread rather than an outright clue...

5. New Genre - Yup

6. Mirror - 🤷🏻‍♂️

7. Not 00s - yes

9. Magazines - 🤷🏻‍♂️

10. 1 - 🤷🏻‍♂️

12. Man on the drums, influential but not got the credit - yup, Jay Dee Daugherty & Yeah Patti should, like Joni, be revered on the same pedestal as the likes of Dylan and Bowie.

CGBG- One of its famous scene artists and credits it in the original hand written liner notes to this album.

I thought about Patti Smith Group, but was looking more at Radio Ethiopia.

Blondie has Nintendo in one of their lyrics
Female fronted, and previous model
Played at the club.
Punk (ish)
male drummer
Influential.
Juuust sayin 😜
I looked into Blondie. It’s not impossible but I did not dig into clue matching cause I knocked them out over the circumstantial bit about records not being available and then coming available recently. As far as I know Blondie records are plentiful af.

I looked into Blondie. It’s not impossible but I did not dig into clue matching cause I knocked them out over the circumstantial bit about records not being available and then coming available recently. As far as I know Blondie records are plentiful af.
Also, Blondie got their due. Like 40 million record sales kind of due.

Also, Blondie got their due. Like 40 million record sales kind of due.

I had to look this up, and, nope, no official vinyl ever for No Exit.
Which now becomes an invisible white whale for me :(

1. BananaRama - I’m taking ”I Heard A Rumour” as being a pithy way of starting off the thread rather than an outright clue...

5. New Genre - Yup

6. Mirror - 🤷🏻‍♂️

7. Not 00s - yes

9. Magazines - 🤷🏻‍♂️

10. 1 - 🤷🏻‍♂️

Me? Pithy? What?

Back