Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

I've listened about 5 times through on Spotify now. I really like it, definitely will be buying the vinyl once I get back from Japan. I'm honestly surprised it's not more well known. Sonically, I hear some Blanck Mass similarities (I don't hear much FlyLo). His vocals actually sound like earlier Weeknd stuff in some places, especially Buck-Toothed Particle Smashers.

It was cool listening through and picking up on all the clues that @gaporter gave - I (and I think everyone) was thinking her clues were super abstract, but honestly once you know the album, they were all pretty clear!

yes, the end of Off My Grid was it! GB and @Teeeee in a room together for that one, ooh lawdy.

I love how my first listen through, while enjoyable, was way more abstract noise, but each repeated spin has moved it more to pop.
plunk, plink, pop.

feeling those comparisons, @D Jilla

I'd be honored to be in a room with Ginger Baker!! Name the time and the place.

Yeah, the first listen I was like, "uh, what is happening??? my ears are confused. this is very gap-like."

My next listens have unconfused me and I hear the pop also. The Cute sounds like a song Britney could have released!

Almost 2 in the morning!
View attachment 27015

I had a strange time a few years ago when I could not fall asleep. Then I discovered Vidro Azul podcast and it helped me a lot. It's full of beautiful and peaceful indiefolk, modern classical or electronica music. I still listen to this from time to time relieve stress. I strongly recommend :)

Vidro Azul ("Blue Glass"): its broadcasting began in RUC-Radio University of Coimbra, later extending to Radio Radar, and now on Radio SBSR. In its two-hour duration, this author’s project explores melancholic sonorities also experimenting, boundarylessly, with beautiful ethereal landscapes. Through several genres ranging from folk, glitch, indietronica, neoclassical, ambient, jazz, indie pop, minimal among others, themes are blended in an intentional attempt to create a coherent harmony.

I had a strange time a few years ago when I could not fall asleep. Then I discovered Vidro Azul podcast and it helped me a lot. It's full of beautiful and peaceful indiefolk, modern classical or electronica music. I still listen to this from time to time relieve stress. I strongly recommend :)

Vidro Azul ("Blue Glass"): its broadcasting began in RUC-Radio University of Coimbra, later extending to Radio Radar, and now on Radio SBSR. In its two-hour duration, this author’s project explores melancholic sonorities also experimenting, boundarylessly, with beautiful ethereal landscapes. Through several genres ranging from folk, glitch, indietronica, neoclassical, ambient, jazz, indie pop, minimal among others, themes are blended in an intentional attempt to create a coherent harmony.

I’m actually really good at making people fall asleep when I’m in bed with them, because I have a really calm, soothing voice that’s really relaxing and makes you feel at ease! Even at work, so many people say my soft voice always makes them feel calm! 😂

Like, even when I say that I want to get revenge because I’m pissed off, people say I come across as psychotic because my voice stays the same and I show no signs of anger 🙈🤷‍♂️😅

Back