Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just received my Real World shipment aaaaaand look how beautiful are these records :

View attachment 22905
View attachment 22906

Yeah... Not exactly what I ordered, right?
Oh no the alternative record curse strikes again! And it’s not even amazon this time! Fingers crossed Real World sort you our quickly!
Who knew The Gloaming was following in Nicole's foot steps by offering wildly different looking variants???

Lol.

SMH. I'm so sorry, @Skalap . But it is comical how often it has happened to our AOTM attempts.

Who knew The Gloaming was following in Nicole's foot steps by offering wildly different looking variants???

Lol.

SMH. I'm so sorry, @Skalap . But it is comical how often it has happened to our AOTM attempts.

With my hand firmly gripping the largest tree I can find, I’ve never had this happen to me, it’s really weird!

Lol.

With my hand firmly gripping the largest tree I can find, I’ve never had this happen to me, it’s really weird!

It's my first time and, of course, it had to happen with a bundle of 4 records!

I got some mail today.

IMG_2549.jpeg

The cover is a little beat up in some spots, but not enough for it to bother me. This is my first time listening to this album, I listened to 1 and 2 already but I bought this one without previewing it because I liked them so much. I figured I'd let my first listen be on vinyl. Loving it so far, Irish is such a cool sounding language. Also, I love the cover art on all three albums. I love how diverse all the AoTM choices have been, I've been discovering that I like things I never would have thought of.

I'm really late to the party here... I've never heard of The Gloaming. I know Doveman, but I don't know any of the other players. I'm really excited to give this a listen. Thanks, Joe Mac and the rest of you guys and gals for broadening my horizons.

Is it bad form to listen to spotify before the LP shows up?

I'm really late to the party here... I've never heard of The Gloaming. I know Doveman, but I don't know any of the other players. I'm really excited to give this a listen. Thanks, Joe Mac and the rest of you guys and gals for broadening my horizons.

Not bad form at all! I do it every month.

Thank you! And no, it’s enough to sample it digitally and contribute. In fact I actively encourage people who aren’t sure to listen on steaming services first. The last thing I want is someone to end up with a record they don’t want.

it was not listed in the "listening notes" by @Joe Mac , nonetheless Lankum fits perfectly into this conversation as it represent a new generation of modern interpreters of the Irish Traditional Music canon.
I just ordered and received their last album The Livelong Day and I wanted to let you all know that it is impressive and majestic.
the sound landscapes it paints are grandiose and the volume of their sound reminds me of the Sigur Ros of Heima and Hvarf/Heim (with their music roots well planted in the celtic world)
I strongly recommend to add this album to your list of albums to check out.

1574182547729.png

Back to my Portico Quartetgate! It happens that Real World CS is absolutely great! They first asked me to ship the records back to them, paying for shipment and even giving a little something for my time. I offered instead to keep the records if we could find an arrangement. We did, so I ended paying a bit more to keep Portico Quartet records and, on their side, they are shipping Gloaming records. Great CS!

Back