Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 48 - June 2023 /// Tony Sly - 12 Song Program

N&G Crew - you already have a substantial amount of clues. However, I can see how my rules for the prize may stifle some of the chatter about clues, guesses, etc. That being said, I am upping the ante and allowing for TWO official votes per person. You heard right! Two votes. Please read over the rules once more:

Rules:
  • 1 Official guess per person (feel free to speculate as many albums as you want, unofficially) EDIT: This has been changed to TWO official guesses.
  • Official guesses should read like this: @scotthilk, my official AotM Vol. 48 guess is _________________.
  • Once you guess, you cannot change your guess - you're locked in! No deleting or editing your post once you’ve picked!
  • If multiple people guess the correct album, only the first person to guess it will win the cash. If others use their official guess on the same album and guess correctly, there could be a consolation prize.
  • I will not comment yes/no to any guesses. The correct album will only be revealed when I am ready to announce it. I may continue to give hints even after a correct guess comes in.
  • I may or may not engage with you in this thread. Don't take it personally - it's all part of the game!

Last edited:
N&G Crew - you already have a substantial amount of clues. However, I can see how my rules for the prize may stifle some of the chatter about clues, guesses, etc. That being said, I am upping the ante and allowing for TWO official votes per person. You heard right! Two votes. Please read over the rules once more:

Rules:
  • 1 Official guess per person (feel free to speculate as many albums as you want, unofficially) EDIT: This has been changed to TWO official guesses.
  • Official guesses should read like this: @scotthilk, my official AotM Vol. 48 guess is _________________.
  • Once you guess, you cannot change your guess - you're locked in! No deleting or editing your post once you’ve picked!
  • If multiple people guess the correct album, only the first person to guess it will win the cash. If others use their official guess on the same album and guess correctly, there could be a consolation prize.
  • I will not comment yes/no to any guesses. The correct album will only be revealed when I am ready to announce it. I may continue to give hints even after a correct guess comes in.
  • I may or may not engage with you in this thread. Don't take it personally - it's all part of the game!
Pretty bold considering I already guessed the album with my first guess but I will play along regardless.

Is this an official guesss?
Sure, why not?

It is, admittedly, a half-assed guess. But, one, y'all couldn't handle my full ass - really, no one wants that. And, two, official or not it's probably the only one I'm bound to give. I don't have the sleuthing skills of some y'all.

Edit: oh, I see there were rules about how to make an official guess. Rules and reading comprehension...a baby's only kryptonite (ok, well maybe also shaking, soft spots on our skulls, and choking hazards...but that's it)

@scotthilk my official AoTM vol 48 guess is Masta Killa No Said Date

Get your Cheers set memorabilia!

reminds me of the Seinfeld episode...
z5zzgxb4wez71.jpg

Show your work, please.

1. 8 people played on Stand!

2. Not Boston, bar/pub or 80s

3. Looks like a family of stones to me.

4. Cheering for sports teams tells them, "I Want To Take You Higher" by giving them energy

5. These people are standing.

4&5 bonus - The majority of sports fans are "Everyday People"

6. Sly & The Family Stone's next album There's a Riot Goin' On would have a cover very similar to this image of the flag.

7. The band is from San Francisco

8. Posted after my guess - unsure - but Sy & The Family Stone did tour all around the world!

9. See 1 and 2

Back