Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 47 - May 2023 /// Ages and Ages "Me You They We"

How is everyone instantly figuring out these riddles I have no idea what's going on 😭
I tried to choose artists and songs that I consider to be well-known but my concept of what's popular is probably just a reflection of my personal taste. My hope is that once the songs have been identified, it will be a more level playing field for people to identify the common elements between them just based on listening to the songs or doing some lite wikipedia research on the songs and/or artists.

For the practice round yesterday - i thought it would be harder than it actually was for people to identify some of those songs, but I assumed it would be easier than it was to identify the common thread between them, so we'll see how this goes haha.

Level 1

Hint 4: this casual Daniel has a song about a dollar amount which features [someone named after] a piece of jewelry

Last edited:
Any more guesses about the connection between these artists/songs?

This next one might give it away, but I'll keep going with riddles and more songs until someone calls it out. P.S. the music videos themselves aren't the basis for any of the clues. It's an added bonus that I'm getting to see some cool videos for the first time for some of my favorite songs, haha. That Daft Punk one was really cool.

Level 1

Riddle #6: this tropical disease sings about the precise measurement of a hairy spider's sadness

Last edited:

This next one might give it away, but I'll keep going with riddles and more songs until someone calls it out. P.S. the music videos themselves aren't the basis for any of the clues. It's an added bonus that I'm getting to see some cool videos for the first time for some of my favorite songs, haha. That Daft Punk one was really cool.

Level 1

Riddle #6: this tropical disease sings about the precise measurement of a hairy spider's sadness

Congratulations and welcome to Level 1!

Riddle #1: unrestrained by the constraints of morality, these young men play music together in a group

album Up The Bracket = punch the THROAT
Level 1

Riddle #2: this singer spells her name similar to a common bird and sings this song about the contents of her vision organs

BODY talk and/or EYES
Nicely done, @4080 !

Level 1

Hint #3 : the bell tolls for this silly nonconformist duo on this song that soars because of how air moves around its shape

🤷‍♂️
Level 1

Hint 4: this casual Daniel has a song about a dollar amount which features [someone named after] a piece of jewelry

🤷‍♂️
Level 1

Riddle #5: an italian city teamed up with a computer to produce this song about inconceivably vast affection

album LUNGS

Level 1

dengue fever aka breakBONE fever

Level 1

Riddle #7 - this artist with a business-like last name sings about the largest organ in their body

Last edited:
That's a fun video - I've never heard that song before though...
giphy.gif

Back