Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 46 – April 2023 /// Sissoko Segal Parisien Peirani - Les Égarés

Welcome everyone!

This month I am taking you for a boat trip! A couple years ago, me and a few other members bought a boat, named Ever Green, to import tons of records from Japan (for the most of them). We were freshwater sailors at the time and we had a couple bad moments (read the Suez Channel news from March 2021). Anyway, we got much better and I am inviting you all on this boat for our trip. All aboard!

Our journey starts tomorrow in Paris! You have the rest of the day to pack your bag. You won’t need a lot of stuff: just you, a good (maybe bad) sense of humor, booze, motion sickness medication (or sickness bags) and a pair of underwear (there will be many of us and there are rules of hygiene to respect) In case you forgot something do not worry, we will spend the day in Paris so if you want Louis Vuitton boxers, you will have time to buy it!.

As we start a new AotM year, I wanted to change the rules a little bit! This month I will not be posting hints as we used to do in the past. There will be hints in all of my daily posts but I will not tell you where to look. You will have a lot of names, places and other things to find and try to connect together. Hints will be in memes, photos, videos, texts, songs, etc… To give an example, in this post you could have searched for Eva Green, sailors, monkeys or Louis Vuitton. It could have taken you to Soundgarden, King Crimson, Gorillaz or Woodkid. It will be cryptic most of the time BUT do not worry. Every Sunday I will tell you where my hints are supposed to take you. I will not leave you in the darkness. By the way, there are no hints in the first post. Or maybe there are. Also, I won’t give any help this Sunday (March 5th) because you’ll only have two days of hints.

Future AotM runners will not have to do the same if they do not want to. Posting hints from time to time as we used to do is fun too. I just wanted to change a little bit and see how people react and participate. What matters the most with these AotM threads is to have as many people as possible. This forum was once created to keep alive a community of people and I want to have you all on the boat. Some left, some joined but let’s have fun all together. The record I shared four years ago and all the others shared since are important to who shared them. We all wanted to share an album or an artist we love with the rest of the community because we want everyone to know it.

So please, come and join, Guess what the record is as many times as you want (@Lee Newman is on his fourth try), post memes, share experiences, post a lot of nonsense, help us to bail the water out of the boat, anything! Just join!

See you tomorrow!

Did you know?! If you repeat “bought a boat” and “hints” enough times at the right speed, after 10 seconds it sounds like an Aphex Twin song.

Last edited:
220px-Flood_album_cover.jpg

Back