Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 46 – April 2023 /// Sissoko Segal Parisien Peirani - Les Égarés

N0 F0rmat! has some good stuff. I will stay subscribed for next year. This year we got 4 records so it was a pretty good deal especially since there was no extra shipping cost. The vinyl price did go up from €60 to €80 next year, though. Since it is a 20 year anniversary year for them, I expect at least 4 records.

Yeah, I plan to stay on as well. Dunno if I can afford the extra 3 records this year - I'd love to fill in the back catalogue some, but maybe just the pass itself for me

N0 F0rmat! has some good stuff. I will stay subscribed for next year. This year we got 4 records so it was a pretty good deal especially since there was no extra shipping cost. The vinyl price did go up from €60 to €80 next year, though. Since it is a 20 year anniversary year for them, I expect at least 4 records.
Plus the tea was delicious and a great surprise.

Did anybody else renew their pass on the COLLECTION format?
Curious what other records you will choose, if so.

Or, curious in general about what other records from the label you have, or would like to have?

My current longlist includes the following (but there are so many unfamiliar releases I've yet to check out)

• Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Segal – Chamber Music
  • Ballaké Sissoko – At Peace
  • Koki Nakano – Pre-Choreographed
  • Urban Village – Udondolo
  • Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Segal – Musique De Nuit
  • Kassé Mady Diabaté – Kiriké
  • Blick Bassy – 1958
  • Koki Nakano – Lift
  • Piers Faccini & Vincent Segal – Songs Of Time Lost

My current longlist includes the following (but there are so many unfamiliar releases I've yet to check out)

• Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Segal – Chamber Music
  • Ballaké Sissoko – At Peace
  • Koki Nakano – Pre-Choreographed
  • Urban Village – Udondolo
  • Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Segal – Musique De Nuit
  • Kassé Mady Diabaté – Kiriké
  • Blick Bassy – 1958
  • Koki Nakano – Lift
  • Piers Faccini & Vincent Segal – Songs Of Time Lost

Good reminder. I renewed but I didn't pick these 3 records more. I must check my Discogs but I think I was missing one (maybe two) Koki Nakano and I'll probably add Toto Bona Lokua releases.

Good reminder. I renewed but I didn't pick these 3 records more. I must check my Discogs but I think I was missing one (maybe two) Koki Nakano and I'll probably add Toto Bona Lokua releases.

I've put a chat in to see what goes on with the additional 3 records, as I've seen no prompt anywhere - but it does say the 2023 pass is active until January 10th, so I wonder if the additional record prompt comes when the new pass kicks in on January 11th.

Koki Nakano has definitely been one of my favourite discoveries through them this year, and I've always loved Ballaké Sissoko - so the immediate temptation is to grab anything I'm missing from his output! I'm not overly familiar with Blick Bassy, but have heard great things so might be worth taking a flier on. I dunno. Exciting to figure out!

I've put a chat in to see what goes on with the additional 3 records, as I've seen no prompt anywhere - but it does say the 2023 pass is active until January 10th, so I wonder if the additional record prompt comes when the new pass kicks in on January 11th.

Koki Nakano has definitely been one of my favourite discoveries through them this year, and I've always loved Ballaké Sissoko - so the immediate temptation is to grab anything I'm missing from his output! I'm not overly familiar with Blick Bassy, but have heard great things so might be worth taking a flier on. I dunno. Exciting to figure out!

I see you don't have Trio S9... You should give it a try 😉

I see you don't have Trio S9... You should give it a try 😉

I actually DO have that one... from when they actually sent me a duplicate of your order last year ;)

In regards to the additional records with the pass, they responded to the chat and said I could just tell them there what I wanted and they'd aim to ship it out as quickly as they can since the first pass shipment isn't coming until February. So you may want to reach out on the chat as well.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a quick perusal of my longlist and a couple other unfamiliar albums, or if I want to play the lottery and just give them the above list and ask them to pick 3 of the 9 and surprise me!

I actually DO have that one... from when they actually sent me a duplicate of your order last year ;)

In regards to the additional records with the pass, they responded to the chat and said I could just tell them there what I wanted and they'd aim to ship it out as quickly as they can since the first pass shipment isn't coming until February. So you may want to reach out on the chat as well.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a quick perusal of my longlist and a couple other unfamiliar albums, or if I want to play the lottery and just give them the above list and ask them to pick 3 of the 9 and surprise me!

Either way, you are in for some nice music. I prefer the adventurous second option though.

I've not heard a yay or nay back from them yet, because I suspect they're still on holidays but I did ask them to pick 3 from the 9 for me!

They are probably closed for holidays. They usually reply pretty fast, I'd wait until mid next week and send a reminder if no news.

I hope a few of you have stayed on board with the pass for this year, but even if you haven't feel free to follow along here:

Back