Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 46 – April 2023 /// Sissoko Segal Parisien Peirani - Les Égarés

I just signed up for the yearly pass, too. I listened to the Lucas Santtana and Msaki x Tubatsi albums that were released earlier this year and really enjoyed both of those, in addition to the newly released AOTM! I wasn't exactly sure if the yearly pass will give me everything released in the calendar year 2023 or everything released from this point in the year through next April - from the confirmation e-mail, it looks like the new pass runs from April 2023 to April 2024, but it also looks like the pass itself includes a 20% discount on any albums in their catalogue - which is great.

Great choice, @Skalap !

You receive everything released in 2023, past "boxes" will be shipped with you next box. I received mine this week but didn't have time to share with you all.

Here is what I had in my box. A bargain considering I paid 104€ for this and I should receive two other boxes this year.

Took the collection option and asked for Piers Faccini, Trio SR9 and Koko Nakano as 3 bonus records. SSPP, Msaki x Tubatsi and Lucas Santanna are this year's releases. I had two signed drawings, a sticker board and two little cards.

PXL_20230408_083222188.jpg
PXL_20230408_083318023.jpg
PXL_20230408_083351918.jpg

Here is what I had in my box. A bargain considering I paid 104€ for this and I should receive two other boxes this year.

Took the collection option and asked for Piers Faccini, Trio SR9 and Koko Nakano as 3 bonus records. SSPP, Msaki x Tubatsi and Lucas Santanna are this year's releases. I had two signed drawings, a sticker board and two little cards.

View attachment 171447
View attachment 171448
View attachment 171449
I also have that Piers Faccini album in my shopping cart, along with the Urban Village "Udondolo" and Ballake Sissoko "Djourou" albums.

I already had Djourou, if not I would have added to my box too. I have At Peace too. I am hunting A Touma but it seems it was exclusive for NF subscribers.

Yeah I think A Touma was the one I like best but I couldnt swing subscribing to get a copy when it came out. Reckon that was how I learned about the label in the first place.

I can't listen to this one yet because I haven't had a chance to spin @TenderLovingKiller® although I will probably make a point to spin that tomorrow so I can spin this on sunday... that being said, I did pop the Luca Santtana into the cd player in the car for the commute and damn, it's really good. Maybe should have splurged for the vinyl, I must have known that Bowie box was coming.

I can't listen to this one yet because I haven't had a chance to spin @TenderLovingKiller® although I will probably make a point to spin that tomorrow so I can spin this on sunday... that being said, I did pop the Luca Santtana into the cd player in the car for the commute and damn, it's really good. Maybe should have splurged for the vinyl, I must have known that Bowie box was coming.

Lucas Santtana is very good indeed. Not on No Format but I suggest Sem Nostalgia released on Mais Um DIscos (same label as Minyo Crusaders).

Exact same box as mine. You're in for a treat.

Seems they mixed my order up with yours, in fact. But they've offered to send the 3 I asked for and let me keep these 3 so you weren't kidding when you said I'm in for a treat! 😲

And their above and beyond customer service, coupled with the consistent quality of their releases has all but guaranteed that I will continue to purchase a full pass every year going forward.

And their above and beyond customer service, coupled with the consistent quality of their releases has all but guaranteed that I will continue to purchase a full pass every year going forward.

I was already strongly considering it - this just seals the deal really. I'll probably even do the +3 a couple more times in order to scoop up more of the back catalogue.

I was already strongly considering it - this just seals the deal really. I'll probably even do the +3 a couple more times in order to scoop up more of the back catalogue.

I have to ask them if, as subscribes, we can have access to A Touma, Ballake Sissoko's album that had a subscribers only vinyl release.

I have to ask them if, as subscribes, we can have access to A Touma, Ballake Sissoko's album that had a subscribers only vinyl release.

It showed as available when I signed up, and they never said otherwise. Perhaps they pressed more, or because we are now subscribers whatever is leftover is available to us? Either way, I'm grateful because it was unobtainable to me at the time of release and now it seems I'll have it soon. Hopefully you will too!

Back