Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

There will be no activity in this thread today, so please head over to the Nicole Atkins AMA and devote your time to our guest. Brace yourselves for tomorrow, though, because I will drop a clue that will make you question every bit of certainty you thought you had :devilish:
Kinda of anxious for this new, GAME CHANGING (yep, had to through one) clue!

There will be no activity in this thread today, so please head over to the Nicole Atkins AMA and devote your time to our guest. Brace yourselves for tomorrow, though, because I will drop a clue that will make you question every bit of certainty you thought you had :devilish:
I just wanted to thank @agutierrezb for this. We have such an amazing and gracious community. It's the little things. Thank you!

And I'm cracking my knuckles, ready for the shenanigans to start back up with a vengeance today!

I just wanted to thank @agutierrezb for this. We have such an amazing and gracious community. It's the little things. Thank you!

And I'm cracking my knuckles, ready for the shenanigans to start back up with a vengeance today!
No problem @Teeeee, I did it all for our community. We can play detective and have hot dogs debates any day, but it's not every day that we have a guest such as Nicole here.

What else did you pick up? (Sorry if you already mentioned elsewhere) - I'm interested in checking out some others as well.
No worries, I hadn't. I ordered La Leyenda del Tiempo and Castillo de Arena, both the new Universal Camaron reissues, from Disco100. I had a hard time choosing a second one as they are all recommended.

Then while I was researching flamenco albums, Tauromagia by Manolo Sanlucar kept coming up as one of the best, so I checked it out on discogs and the only OG available in the US was a VG+ available for cheap from Amoeba so I had to grab it.

Ok, let's see if you're all as smart as you think you are.

View attachment 17354

The car seems to be a Porsche Panamera so the artist might come from Panama? Roses could be the artist name? Or maybe it's a trick and @agutierrezb wants to show it's a car and a name similar to Rosa? In this I would name Mercedes Sosa! I can't connect to Montreux but she released a lot of records on Philips, it's world music (her music is so many different genres actually), it's older than any other AotM, artist is not alive, she was not born close to the ocean but one of her most famous song, Alfonsina Y El Mar, is about the sea, Porsche/Mercedes and Roses/Sosa?

Last edited:
I bow to @Skalap superior knowledge of Porsche cars. It is indeed the Panemera, not a 911. Why do all their cars still look like Beetles that have been Stretch Armstronged?

Yes I do know that Ferdinand Porsche designed the Beetle for Hitler!

Yeah I went to my garage to compare with my car...

...and it didn't looked like my Kia Ceed, like not at all.

Only thing about Mercedes Sosa is that I can't find any recent repress of any of her albums or even compilations except a couple expensive ones (Cantora 1&2 in 2009 and 30 años in 2016).

I bow to @Skalap superior knowledge of Porsche cars. It is indeed the Panemera, not a 911. Why do all their cars still look like Beetles that have been Stretch Armstronged?

Yes I do know that Ferdinand Porsche designed the Beetle for Hitler!
and most 50s-60s Porsche repro's are built on old bug bodies- I drove a '58 356 B Cabriolet the other day built on a '62 Beetle chassis. anywho,

DAMN I had typed out some ideas and thought I was onto something, but I was still thinking Italian (Ferrari), not Porsche. so NOPE nevermind.

Back