Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Ok, here's your clue:

The artist was born very close to the ocean, a fact that is reflected on this person's music.

So, one out of two:
1- the artist is from Río or Bahia or some place like that (carnival, garota de ipanema, etc.)
2- the artist is from Madagascar and we are SO SO SO WRONG and @agutierrezb is having a blast reading our theories.

Elis Regina/Antônio Carlos Brasileiro de Almeida Jobim
Paco De Lucia
Camarón de la Isla

Hmm...Elis Regina was born in Porto Alegre, which is by a rivers and lakes. Seems she may be out as a solo. BUT
Tom Jobim was born in Rio (by the ocean).
Paco De Lucia was born in Algeciras. Algeciras - Wikipedia
Camarón de la Isla was born in San Fernando, Cádiz.

So...water water everywhere :D

That statue of Camaron looks a lot like that one dude kneeling in that one screenshot of the NY location...but I think that kneeling guy was ruled out as the clue-meaning? I don't know anything anymore.

That statue of Camaron looks a lot like that one dude kneeling in that one screenshot of the NY location...but I think that kneeling guy was ruled out as the clue-meaning? I don't know anything anymore.
Yeah, someone suggested the meaning had something to do with a kid seen on Street View, and I suggested not to follow that path

Elis Regina/Antônio Carlos Brasileiro de Almeida Jobim
Paco De Lucia
Camarón de la Isla

Hmm...Elis Regina was born in Porto Alegre, which is by a rivers and lakes. Seems she may be out as a solo. BUT
Tom Jobim was born in Rio (by the ocean).
Paco De Lucia was born in Algeciras. Algeciras - Wikipedia
Camarón de la Isla was born in San Fernando, Cádiz.

So...water water everywhere :D
I think Lake Guaiba is a saltwater Lake/Bay/Lagoon connected to the ocean, so you could argue that Elis still works.

Back