Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

I'm not telling you the country of origin until the day of announcement. The next hint will be related to the artist's place of birth, though.
Well, well, well, my e-mail notification shows me this message:

Captura de Tela 2019-09-12 às 16.09.41.png

Seem like there's been some editing, from "his place of birth" to "the artist's place of birth"

OMFG! It's a male artist? It's not Elis Regina?

View attachment 16918

Seem like there's been some editing, from "his place of birth" to "the artist's place of birth"

Unless he edited it because there is a he and she in Elis and Tom. Just to play Devil's advocate. :devilish:

View attachment 16918

Hahaha I knew someone would catch this. I initially wrote "his" because English is not my first language and I'm pretty bad at gender-neutral English. In all honesty the "his" was just a bad translation of the genre-neutral "su" in Spanish.

Or it could have been a Freudian slip, who knows? *shrugs*

Hahaha I knew someone would catch this. I initially wrote "his" because English is not my first language and I'm pretty bad at gender-neutral English. In all honesty the "his" was just a bad translation of the genre-neutral "su" in Spanish.

Or it could have been a Freudian slip, who knows? *shrugs*

You mean you wanted to say "the artist" and used "he" instead. I make this mistake every time.

Why did I find this surprizing in Elis' wiki?

"Elis Regina died at the age of 36 in 1982, from an accidental cocaine, alcohol, and temazepam interaction. "

After spending hours researching the top Brazilian artists, the most surprising part of that statement to me is "Elis Regina died"

Every time I run across a new artist I'm disappointed to see they're still alive 😂

Back