Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 37 - July 2022 // Smoking Popes- Into the Agony

C7100066-40DA-47DF-B10A-5CDBAB429CA7.jpeg

I'm a bit preoccupied today with getting the kids to their summer camp so we're evolving this one on it's own!

Clue 3 has 🪄 🪄 evolved

Your mains hints for clue 3 now include
1. Yung Lean
2. The addition of a red filter
3. Sleeping pills

EAE339D7-95BF-465D-8FEE-D587FEAB2989.jpeg
5AB2F5E5-41AA-445B-B087-C71719C464DB.jpeg

You shouldn't have to listen to more than the first 30 seconds of the top Yung Lean songs for this one to hit. Just sayin.

all i know that could connect it to sleeping pills is how drowsy he sounds

but then again i could make that case for his best friend bladee too

So I had another random stab in the dark using two poorly put together theories.
Resulting in it not being one of these albums from 2003.

But just in case by some bizaare fluke.......

This group I chose took a long hiatus and were not playing in 2003 😉

Ok, before we get to our daily mini-hints I just need to say that although I'm not alluding to correct categorical associations you guys are doing very well, and I would expect a reveal any day 😊

Todays mini-hints for Clue 5:

1. 1962

2. 6F02B014-A844-4DE8-A13B-322404C5EBA1.jpeg

3. F7E4789C-50D0-4D98-AB0F-1D5B23A7D999.png

So, what I think we think we might possibly know: Trio, Chicago, Lawrence Arms / Epitaph, Agony.

I'm going to say Alkaline Trio - Agony & Irony. Aside from the things I wrote above I haven't spent time putting the clues together, but I'm stil going to toss it out there.

So, what I think we think we might possibly know: Trio, Chicago, Lawrence Arms / Epitaph, Agony.

I'm going to say Alkaline Trio - Agony & Irony. Aside from the things I wrote above I haven't spent time putting the clues together, but I'm stil going to toss it out there.
They put out an album in 2003, otherwise this sounded like a good guess to me!

If I'm throwing out a guess I'm saying it's Smoking Popes "Into the Agony"

Why, I don't have much but billed from Chicago, on the Clueless soundtrack, album cover is black and white, Popes homeboy is a cardinal and Kevin Smith is a smoker... Still figuring out the rest...oh long hiatus no album in 2003

Edit: as for a trio, it's 3 (o) Brother's and the (Bronski) beat is provided by someone unrelated...if I wasn't babysitting today I'd try to link more clues and also I could totally be wrong

Last edited:
If I'm throwing out a guess I'm saying it's Smoking Popes "Into the Agony"

Why, I don't have much but billed from Chicago, on the Clueless soundtrack, album cover is black and white, Popes homeboy is a cardinal and Kevin Smith is a smoker... Still figuring out the rest...oh long hiatus no album in 2003

Edit: as for a trio, it's 3 (o) Brother's and the (Bronski) beat is provided by someone unrelated...if I wasn't babysitting today I'd try to link more clues and also I could totally be wrong

E8BE4AE2-BBA5-40E3-955B-16603FE089C7.gif

I'm at work right now, more to follow later tonight but you can all give yourselves a collective round of applause!

It's on sale for $13.49 here. Probably not gonna find a cheaper price!

Edit: and it's gone... They must not have had more than one or two in stock, lol

I'll be ordering my two giveaways from

Back