Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

I had to let A Little Crazy grow on me too, it didn't grab me right away. And when I recommended this album to some friends, I told them to make sure they get passed the first track and listen to some other songs too haha I actually recommended starting with Listen Up and told them it reminded me of Lake Street Dive as well. Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. The jams definitely caught my ear right away (Listen Up, Sleepwalking, Brokedown Luck and Darkness Falls So Quiet), but now that I've listened to it more, really I think all of the songs are great. Definitely a great pick @Teeeee!
I listened to the album again last night but as background while I played video games. It was a very different experience from actively listening to it, but it was a good one! If anything, it’s more “feel good” when you’re not listening closely

The jams are immediate ear worms. The slower songs definitely need time to expand in your mind and latch on.

And yes, @supahypeag - I can see it being a more feel good album if you aren't listening closely to the lyrics.

YAY that you both are liking this!!! And thank you for listening!

Since Amazon is dubious at best at this and can’t be bothered to ship the third copy (I imagine they got enough complaints to actually investigate)... I went ahead and ordered from her site. Hopefully I get it in time to join the conversation next week.
I ordered from her site for @Goatfish and he got it within a week.

And even though amazon refunded me all of my money, they, for some reason, sent out another 2 orders. I didn't request that they do that. So, perhaps another 2 Jasons are on their way to some of our friends. Lol.

I ordered from her site for @Goatfish and he got it within a week.

And even though amazon refunded me all of my money, they, for some reason, sent out another 2 orders. I didn't request that they do that. So, perhaps another 2 Jasons are on their way to some of our friends. Lol.

FYI from her site, it came double boxed in an Amazon box.

You are right. I just saw they has a listing. But I see a lot of people using Amazon because of the shipping discount, when Amoeba does the same thing without all the ethical considerations and hassle of using Amazon.

I take comfort in the fact that they messed up so much that I have now made money on it. Lol. And they are down a ton of Jason albums.

I cannot wait to talk about this album in depth! I have very strong opinions on this album listening to it four times. Once, while driving, and, and the other three times in my bedroom on vinyl - including just laying in bed and really focusing on the album and letting my mind wander and be imaginative.

But before I talk about this album, there’s one thing I want to say! It’s a little bit wild but I’m sure some of you might have felt the same when I heard this song!

Do any of you get serial killer vibes/someone about to get killed/stabbed from the first track on the album - A Little Crazy.

A Little Crazy is a very cinematic song. There’s something suspenseful, sultry and regrettable about the delivery and sound in the opening verse both musically and vocally. And then climax with the chorus feels gloriously sorrowful, but the music feels uplifting yet simultaneously sounds like the damage has been done.

I imagine A Little Crazy being played in a movie scene where someone is getting killed during the chorus, or when a psychopath is touching a dead body during the verse and then dances and makes out with the dead body when the chorus hits. This song sounds like either an alcoholic has gone crazy and is helpless and is really begging for forgiveness or just like a serial killer doing disturbing serial killer things.

I cannot wait to talk about this album in depth! I have very strong opinions on this album listening to it four times. Once, while driving, and, and the other three times in my bedroom on vinyl - including just laying in bed and really focusing on the album and letting my mind wander and be imaginative.

But before I talk about this album, there’s one thing I want to say! It’s a little bit wild but I’m sure some of you might have felt the same when I heard this song!

Do any of you get serial killer vibes/someone about to get killed/stabbed from the first track on the album - A Little Crazy.

A Little Crazy is a very cinematic song. There’s something suspenseful, sultry and regrettable about the delivery and sound in the opening verse both musically and vocally. And then climax with the chorus feels gloriously sorrowful, but the music feels uplifting yet simultaneously sounds like the damage has been done.

I imagine A Little Crazy being played in a movie scene where someone is getting killed during the chorus, or when a psychopath is touching a dead body during the verse and then dances and makes out with the dead body when the chorus hits. This song sounds like either an alcoholic has gone crazy and is helpless and is really begging for forgiveness or just like a serial killer doing disturbing serial killer things.

ngl read the last paragraph in my mind with this voice:

source.gif

Back