Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

i'm just back from holiday and I'm playing catch up.

any Eu people has a good suggestion where to order this ROTM from?
Amazon UK only has the mp3, rough trade and HHV don't have it ........

by the way, I'm in the same boat for Khemmis too... not widely available and expensive.
suggestions?

I got both on eBay. £16 for Khemmis and £8 for Nicole so worth hunting around there

i'm just back from holiday and I'm playing catch up.

any Eu people has a good suggestion where to order this ROTM from?
Amazon UK only has the mp3, rough trade and HHV don't have it ........

by the way, I'm in the same boat for Khemmis too... not widely available and expensive.
suggestions?

I ordered Nicole Atkins' record through Dodax.fr, 17,94€ shipped.

Nicole Atkins is so fixated on Madvillain, she has biggest crush on him, it’s so cute! And Dizzee Rascal is a bit sad in the corner because Madvillain is getting all the attention. It’s too adorable! 🙊

Looking forward to spinning this album tomorrow and the next day whilst cleaning out my wardrobe 😃

E2880C0A-870C-4755-83CD-F3E44991F28E.jpeg

Lots of people seem to have their copies and others have theirs on the way.

Thoughts? Loving it or perplexed as to why I chose it? Not feeling it or maybe it might grow on you?

I'm working on getting her in here. She seems willing. Just need to fit it into her schedule. I'm excited!

Also - I was able to order through her site using a cc. I didn't use paypal. The cc option worked for me.

Thoughts? Loving it or perplexed as to why I chose it? Not feeling it or maybe it might grow on you?
I gave it another listen this morning via Spotify and it's not clicking for me. It's inexpensive and she's Italian, so this should be something I grab, but - for me - it hasn't clicked. The album starts off sounding almost like it could be music from The Commitments which I dig, but then it drifts back into the Atlantic sound sorta like Dusty Springfield's Dusty in Memphis. I've got the Dusty album, because I love the sound of Son of A Preacher Man, but then the rest of the album is nothing like that song. Sorta the same thing with Nicole when comparing the first half of the album to the second half. It ends up sounding - to me - more like a greatest hits album than a cohesive studio album.

I've still got the album saved on Spotify as I'm going to give another listen in short order to try to convince myself I'm wrong. I just don't want to bring in a piece of vinyl that I don't spin.

Lots of people seem to have their copies and others have theirs on the way.

I'm working on getting her in here. She seems willing. Just need to fit it into her schedule. I'm excited!

All I know is that “Darkness Falls So Quiet” is a f*ckin’ jam.

I gave it another listen this morning via Spotify and it's not clicking for me. It's inexpensive and she's Italian, so this should be something I grab, but - for me - it hasn't clicked. The album starts off sounding almost like it could be music from The Commitments which I dig, but then it drifts back into the Atlantic sound sorta like Dusty Springfield's Dusty in Memphis. I've got the Dusty album, because I love the sound of Son of A Preacher Man, but then the rest of the album is nothing like that song. Sorta the same thing with Nicole when comparing the first half of the album to the second half. It ends up sounding - to me - more like a greatest hits album than a cohesive studio album.

I've still got the album saved on Spotify as I'm going to give another listen in short order to try to convince myself I'm wrong. I just don't want to bring in a piece of vinyl that I don't spin.
Hmmm - a greatest hits v. cohesive studio. I don't get that. But I do think the 1st half is stronger than the 2nd half. And before the album grew on me, I would sometimes stop listening after the 5th song. Give it another try and see if it maybe grows on you. But regardless, thank you for listening and giving your honest thoughts!! We all can't like everything, so much respect for the opinion!!!! ❤

Back