Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

This is definitely the first new album I'm checking out tomorrow! "Atkins recorded her upcoming album, Italian Ice, with familiar collaborators, including members of the Bad Seeds and the Dap-Kings." off to a good start!haha

Edit: Looking through the credits of her previous albums I don't see the Dap-Kings or any members listed anywhere. Where was this prior collaboration? Looks like Goodnight, Rhonda Lee based on a search but which songs?

This is definitely the first new album I'm checking out tomorrow! "Atkins recorded her upcoming album, Italian Ice, with familiar collaborators, including members of the Bad Seeds and the Dap-Kings." off to a good start!haha

Edit: Looking through the credits of her previous albums I don't see the Dap-Kings or any members listed anywhere. Where was this prior collaboration? Looks like Goodnight, Rhonda Lee based on a search but which songs?

I am thinking because it says "members of" they might not be names you are familiar with? I saw a posting somewhere of the listed musicians/collaborators on the album and didn't know several of them.

But I'm VERY psyched for this album!!!!!!

I am thinking because it says "members of" they might not be names you are familiar with? I saw a posting somewhere of the listed musicians/collaborators on the album and didn't know several of them.

But I'm VERY psyched for this album!!!!!!

I went through this crazy Dap-Kings/Daptone phase where I wanted to listen to everything they were on so I went through discogs and looked at everything each member was credited to (that sounds even crazier now that I'm typing it out, I swear I'm sane haha) and made a big playlist. Because of that their names are highlighted in Discogs wherever they are credited, so that was the only research I did haha. I'll have to look more closely to see exactly where Binky and any others were involved to add it to my playlist haha

Back