Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

She is so down to earth. I'm so happy you chatted with her!!!!!!

Nicole said she really enjoyed the Needles & Grooves experience, and wishes there were more online communities like this to share real music ideas and opinions. She also hoped there would have been more weird and crazy questions in the AMA 😄 ... next time!

Nicole said she really enjoyed the Needles & Grooves experience, and wishes there were more online communities like this to share real music ideas and opinions. She also hoped there would have been more weird and crazy questions in the AMA 😄 ... next time!
I kinda prepped her a bit and told her we'd ask music related questions but also questions like what your favorite ice cream is and whether a hot dog is a sandwich or not. And you all came through and asked those questions! I guess we were too light on the silly questions. She definitely is the kind of person that would just shoot the shit with us on our favorite foods.

I guess we'll have to ask her back for another AMA when her new album is released!!!

And it is so cool that she remembers us, had fun and chatted with you about it! It makes my heart swell to hear these things.

Despite her apparent indifference in this photograph, she definitely remembers us. She put on an amazing show, was incredibly down to earth, and put up with me fan-girling out like a huge dork with incredible grace and kindness. 11/10, would fan-girl again.

View attachment 22517
Nah, she's been silly. She's just the effing coolest. I'm so happy to see this!!!! Was this your first time seeing her????

Does anyone gave any reviews of Single lock records - thats not Nicole Atkins Donnie Fritts Caleb Elliott or Dylan le blanc (i have those)

I grabbed St. Paul and the Broken Bones - Half the City and am in love with that album. I immediately liked the album instrumentally, and listened to it quite a bit, but it took a little while for it to really grow on me. When it did though, that's all I wanted to listen to. Couldn't recommend it more!

I completely missed the boat on this incredible thread, but glad I caught up on the whole thing. This was such a great pick! I loved the suspense of whether it was Angel Olsen or Nicole Atkins that you kept going, (even if unintentionally) til the very end. Your write-up and story about seeing Nicole live and meeting her was really cool. And she seemed really funny and provided really great responses in the AMA! And then, to top it all off, having the label make recommendations about other artists on the label as well turned me on to even more great music. I just placed an order for Nicole Atkins (signed), Caleb Elliott (signed), Dylan Leblanc, and Steelism since they're all on sale right now - came out to $54 shipped! I'm excited to spend more time with all of these albums, especially Nicole's!! Thank you for all the energy you put into this - your passion and excitement are so contagious!! Her album is so good I can't believe that I didn't already have it in my collection!

I completely missed the boat on this incredible thread, but glad I caught up on the whole thing. This was such a great pick! I loved the suspense of whether it was Angel Olsen or Nicole Atkins that you kept going, (even if unintentionally) til the very end. Your write-up and story about seeing Nicole live and meeting her was really cool. And she seemed really funny and provided really great responses in the AMA! And then, to top it all off, having the label make recommendations about other artists on the label as well turned me on to even more great music. I just placed an order for Nicole Atkins (signed), Caleb Elliott (signed), Dylan Leblanc, and Steelism since they're all on sale right now - came out to $54 shipped! I'm excited to spend more time with all of these albums, especially Nicole's!! Thank you for all the energy you put into this - your passion and excitement are so contagious!! Her album is so good I can't believe that I didn't already have it in my collection!

Yay! You made it to the end! I've been following along with your progress. It was quite a long thread. Lol

This whole thread and experience of sharing this album with you all and interacting with Nicole was one of the highlights of my year. And I'm so happy it continues to draw people in!!!

Back