Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

There are my Fri night plans then! Gummy, beer and Italian Ice.

And that first track "AM Gold" still is my favorite after the whole play-through. It sounds like what you would think based on the title. Love it!

"Domino" hits really well two tracks later. Great musicianship on the album - the Muscle Shoals sound comes through, I think. I didn't realize Binky Griptite was on it too. Love his work with Daptone.

I'm watching!!!!

This first song.....holy fucking shit. It's amazing!

Daptone guy is on with her, @RowBearToe

Man, I wish I could have watched it. Hopefully I can find a way to see it, but I doubt it'll end up online since the album isn't out yet. Sounds like everyone is enjoying the album though, so that's great!

Edit: just clicked the link and it started playing! Can't wait to watch it!

Hey, I got shipping notification for Italian Ice!

View attachment 45047

Me too!

GoodnaturedSerpentineAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

How did you like it?
Just finishing up the first spin now. I like it! I remember a few songs she debuted in her show from about a year ago, "Captain" and I think I remember she sang "Never Going Home Again," too. Both really good songs. There is a cool collage art insert and nice photo spread. I got the 180g version, and it sounds great to my ears.
Hope yours arrives soon!
Cheers

Just finishing up the first spin now. I like it! I remember a few songs she debuted in her show from about a year ago, "Captain" and I think I remember she sang "Never Going Home Again," too. Both really good songs. There is a cool collage art insert and nice photo spread. I got the 180g version, and it sounds great to my ears.
Hope yours arrives soon!
Cheers
Isn't it so good? I listened when she had her youtube preview. But only 2x. I'm so excited to get it in my hands and listen many more!

Mine's been stuck at "USPS awaiting item" for ages...

Same here... but in the past weeks, I've had packages show up from other places with my tracking still saying they're in the US. Seems spotty these days, which is not all that surprising.

Anyway, I keep thinking it will just show up in my mailbox any day.

Back