Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

Spinning the Caleb Elliot right now. @Teeeee , if you haven’t already, be sure to check it out.

I've checked out a ton of what Reed suggested. I really liked: St. Paul (but I think we all knew we liked them, just needed a nudge to listen further), Belle Adair (that first song - Get Away - has an amazing 'drop' in it - it made me say "HOLY WOW" out loud), Erin Rae (duh), Caleb Elliott, Donnie Fritts (he has a Randy Newman/Levon Helm vibe. More minimalistic though), The Prescriptions. I also really liked 2 bands that Reed didn't mention: Steelism and The Bear. The Bear is a power pop-esque band.

I've checked out a ton of what Reed suggested. I really liked: St. Paul (but I think we all knew we liked them, just needed a nudge to listen further), Belle Adair (that first song - Get Away - has an amazing 'drop' in it - it made me say "HOLY WOW" out loud), Erin Rae (duh), Caleb Elliott, Donnie Fritts (he has a Randy Newman/Levon Helm vibe. More minimalistic though), The Prescriptions. I also really liked 2 bands that Reed didn't mention: Steelism and The Bear. The Bear is a power pop-esque band.

That St Paul & The Broken Bones LP is my favorite of theirs. There was a time a few years ago when I played that and the first Alabama Shakes LP constantly. They sounded like nothing else at the time. Like these long lost Muscle Shoals recordings.

This IS a great offer for sure but ALWAYS buy the record at the show. That money goes directly into our gas tank or hotel for the night. I can’t stress enough how important that is. Having 5 people on the road is expensive and those merch booth sales are the only way we survive. ❤️
This is amazing, thank you! I love supporting labels like yours and will definitely be picking something up. I just wish I had purchased the Nicole Atkins direct instead of picking it up at her show haha.

Hey all, thought some of you might be interested in this. One of my favourite folk singers, Joe Pug, hosts a monthly podcast called the Working Songwriter, where he discusses writing, recording, touring, etc., with a different guest. There are usually some pretty cool stories told and since the host is also an artist it gives a bit of a different perspective than most music interviews. I haven't listened yet, but the newest episode is with Nicole!

Hey all, thought some of you might be interested in this. One of my favourite folk singers, Joe Pug, hosts a monthly podcast called the Working Songwriter, where he discusses writing, recording, touring, etc., with a different guest. There are usually some pretty cool stories told and since the host is also an artist it gives a bit of a different perspective than most music interviews. I haven't listened yet, but the newest episode is with Nicole!
1. I love that we are on a first name basis with her now.
2. I will definitely be checking this out. She's so fun, so it is sure to be entertaining!

Update: the episode is awesome and her stories are super entertaining.

Pretty cool podcast. Just listened to the Nicole Atkins episode and added Strand of Oaks, Craig Finn and Ian Mackaye to my feed.

Pretty cool podcast. Just listened to the Nicole Atkins episode and added Strand of Oaks, Craig Finn and Ian Mackaye to my feed.
He and Strand of Oaks go way back so that's an especially cool episode. I actually first heard of Strand from a Pug live album where he played a song at the end of the set.

Back