Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

Man, this is gonna expensive. Just read the artist bios on the page and now want to listen to any single one of those.

In case you don't have it, I warmly recommend Cedric Burnside's record. I got one copy from a VMP clearance sale and it's really good. Thanks you @Reed for offering free shipping even for internationals buyers. I already have both Atkins and Burnside's records but will give a listen to these suggestions.

This is amazing, thank you! I love supporting labels like yours and will definitely be picking something up. I just wish I had purchased the Nicole Atkins direct instead of picking it up at her show haha.

No no no... we would prefer you buy it from Nicole. We always encourage folks to buy direct at the shows, if possible. That dollar goes a long way when you're on tour. You did it right! Thank you!

I just want to say that I am so happy Teeeee chose Nicole Atkins to be the Needles&Grooves AOTM! A staff member from Single Lock Records saying that sales for Nicole Atkins increased a lot made me so happy! And then Single Lock Records offering free shipping, even free international shipping, is just so generous! I already love Single Lock Records and my first impression of them is a very strong impression! I will definitely be supporting them! I'm already very happy with Nicole Atkins' "Goodnight Rhonda Lee"! I'm so excited to dig into more of Single Lock Records catalogue! :D🔥🌈💃🕺

@Reed quick question: I'm over in Blighty and wanting to snag that Nicole Atkins. I also want to add on a second record, because I don't want to abuse your offer of free international shipping! Are there any copies of St. Paul & The Broken Bones 'Half the City' still kicking about? It looks like it's sold out on the website as there's no option to purchase. If not, what would be a nice similar record? And also, a big thank you, it's wonderful what you are doing!

@Reed quick question: I'm over in Blighty and wanting to snag that Nicole Atkins. I also want to add on a second record, because I don't want to abuse your offer of free international shipping! Are there any copies of St. Paul & The Broken Bones 'Half the City' still kicking about? It looks like it's sold out on the website as there's no option to purchase. If not, what would be a nice similar record? And also, a big thank you, it's wonderful what you are doing!
I still see it on my end (and ordered it yesterday). You have to scroll to the bottom of the page and change the format (well on mobile):
5C64AA35-4BF1-4CA4-A48A-7606805442C5.png

A co-worker recommended St. Paul and the BBs to me when I recommended Soul Scratch to him a little while back. I've been planning on picking it up for a while now so I went ahead and grabbed that and a sticker. On first listen I really liked Cedric Burnside, Caleb Elliot and Lera Lynn so I'll keep exploring and probably pick up some more in the future. Thanks for your generosity @Reed!

I still see it on my end (and ordered it yesterday).

I'm glad to see you picked this up already. I was planning on recommending it to you based on their similarities with Soul Scratch, love those soulful horns and belting vocals!

Tell y'all what. Calm your credit cards a bit-- if you use the code GROOVES we'll give you free shipping. If you've already ordered (i recognize a couple of you) I'll refund the shipping. I just appreciate the support for what we do. Thank you. Be patient with us this week, as many of us are at Americanafest and out of the office. We'll get this moving as quickly as possible! Thanks!

NOTE: If you are international, this applies to you, as well... but do keep in mind that shipping internationally costs a small label like us anywhere from $15-22 USD. I'll gladly eat this cost because I think this place is that cool... but if you feel inclined to add another record to the cart to make up for it, I won't be upset! Thanks!

Thanks so much! I splurged and picked up The Prescriptions, Belle Adair, Cedric Burnside and Caleb Elliott. Looking forward to them.

I absolutely love the Nicole Atkins album.

Back