Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

I didn’t really take a stab at this month’s guessing because I was still sulking over last month not being High On 🔥...jk🤘. Actually pop just isn’t one of my stronger genres so I let the experts handle it. But I have to say, after finally getting around to listening to Nicole Atkins GNRL, what a fantastic album. Some songs really bring me back to the classic artists like Roy Orbison, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly, Dusty Springfield and Elvis that my parents used to spin when I was a kid. Good memories, thanks.

I didn’t really take a stab at this month’s guessing because I was still sulking over last month not being High On 🔥...jk🤘. Actually pop just isn’t one of my stronger genres so I let the experts handle it. But I have to say, after finally getting around to listening to Nicole Atkins GNRL, what a fantastic album. Some songs really bring me back to the classic artists like Roy Orbison, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly, Dusty Springfield and Elvis that my parents used to spin when I was a kid. Good memories, thanks.
Hi! I'm so glad you lurked and checked it out. And that you like it!!! YAY!!

Since we're winding down August, just a few things to look forward to:

@agutierrezb is going to start his thread in the next day or so! He already dropped a clue in here, so the guessing should start right out of the gate.

Nicole is travelling right now but will be back and hopes to do an AMA with us the week of Sept 9. I'll make sure everyone has a heads up.

Thank you all again for all the engagement! It was great fun.

@agutierrezb is going to start his thread in the next day or so! He already dropped a clue in here, so the guessing should start right out of the gate.

Nicole is travelling right now but will be back and hopes to do an AMA with us the week of Sept 9. I'll make sure everyone has a heads up.

A clue? Me? Where?

BTW, the guess thread for the October ROTM starts tomorrow. Bring your best to the guessing game, because I know I'll bring my best to it ;)

Just wanted to thank you for an awesome selection for the fourth N&G ROTM. To be completely honest I was looking forward to My Woman more when it was a debate between the two but after so many listens I really do prefer Goodnight Rhonda Lee. It’s such a rewarding album and she’s got such a great voice.

Appreciate the highlighting of a lesser known artist as well. Cheers! ✌️

Back