Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

Thanks, all - so, based on the new clues (not stereotypical pop and Jekyll and Hyde) - I'm going to say Liz Phair - S/T.

The album was a major about-face for Liz (Jekyll and Hyde clue). I doubt anyone considers Liz a typical pop star, but it's a pop album for sure.
This was a great guess! Exile in Guyville is one of my favorite albums ever. I used to have such a crush on Liz Phair. And yes, this album was such a departure for her. Excellent sleuthing with the Jekyll and Hyde clue. Sadly, @supahypeag is correct.

1. Female Artist > Check
2. (Unofficial hint) NOT one of Teeee's top 5 pop albums of the decade: > Check
3. Post November 1964 (Ronettes album) > Check
4. Artist born in USA > Check
5. Artist has never performed with Beyoncé > Check? She performed with Beyonce in a Pepsi commercial...
6. Artist's 4th album > Check
7. Genre is pop-rock/pop-singer/songwriter, not just "straight up singer songwriter". Not a choreographer. Not stereotypical pop. > Check
8. Artist did not perform at Lillith Fair > Check
9. @gouis (who doesn't like pop much) would/might/does like the album > Check ?
10.Jekyll & Hyde gif > Check

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Uh oh. Only 1 valid guess. Am I going to best the N&G guess team???????

Edit - 2 valid guesses as of now. Lana and Christina. Sorry, missed that there were still 2 left. Didn't mean to cause confusion.

But your question dismisses the remaining two as well, doesn't it? If we had it, you probably wouldn't have wondered whether you were going to stump us.

ATTENTION:

DESPITE YOUR BEST EFFORTS, I THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK (think) I am caught up.

Please check the front page and let me know if I missed a guess or clue or some insane rant that is relevant.

I'm exhausted.

200.gif
Looks good to me. A couple of pages ago @Teeeee said the album hadn't been guessed yet. I don't know if you have checked that, but all albums guessed before that post should be ruled out.

ATTENTION:

DESPITE YOUR BEST EFFORTS, I THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK (think) I am caught up.

Please check the front page and let me know if I missed a guess or clue or some insane rant that is relevant.

I'm exhausted.

200.gif
You deserve the full hour. And a beer.

The artist is still alive.

EPs don't count as albums in Teeeee's counting of albums.

JqBX got a clue but probably doesn't know it.

Looks good to me. A couple of pages ago @Teeeee said the album hadn't been guessed yet. I don't know if you have checked that, but all albums guessed before that post should be ruled out.

I thought that was something @NathanRicaud said that was attributed to @Teeeee ? But then @Teeeee played into it? But it wasn't clear whether it was confirmation?

Who am I? What am I?

Back