Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

since i brought up madonna and this has often been about pop... one of my favorite pop youtubers did a video about madonnas biggest oops.avi

TW: mention of the iraq war and imagery from the war

This video is 10000% true: American Life sucked because of the "concept". But I think that, musically, it's a good album (except "Mother and father", I don't understand how she thought that song should ever see the light)

Hi @everyone, it's Teeeee's long lost, never known until now, evil twin from the west coast, Tiiiii! Imma step up and ask a question on behalf of the west coast:

Can you give us a genre, for the love of pete????

View attachment 13161
OMG! Hi, Tiiiii!!!! Mom is going to be so confused.

And I don't know who Pete is.

But here's a genre for you: pop-rock/pop-singer/songwriter.

Hopefully you get some west coast back up in here soon. Kisses!!!!

original.gif

That's supposed to be Bey rocking out. Go with it, please.

I think my Janet pick is still technically alive, albeit barely. From the wiki:

"the album encompasses a variety of musical styles, such as new jack swing, hard rock, pop, dance, and industrial music."

I made a facebook post in June listing my faves of the year thus far along with my genre descriptions for them. The genre descriptions were so hard (and yet so fun) to write! And I'm pretty sure a lot of folks would disagree with about 38% of them!

For example:

The Comet is Coming - Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery. Psych rock hip hop electronic jazz.
Mark de Clive-Lowe - Heritage. Jazz (with slight hip hop and Japanese influences) with pretty piano
Billie Eilish - when we fall asleep, where do we go? Goth-tinged, hip-hop-influenced electropop.

Soooo....I suck at interpreting genre clues :D

Back