Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 29 - November 2021 /// GOAT - Requiem

ok, stay with me as this is complex, not entirely factual and really improvised

The band is GOAT from Sweden
The album is.... I haven't decided yet

Hint 1: Not all Songs are in English --> the band is from Sweden and I believe some songs are in Swedish and/or other african languages, since they collaborate with some african musicians.
Hint 2: This thing --> the psycho-fuzz (psychedelic + acid rock + afro beat) sound could be (at a stretch) associated with this thing
Hint 3: The group has more than 4 members --> the number of members is unclear, such as their identity, so it should fit
Hint 4: It was released within the last 20 years --> their 3 original albums and 2 live albums have all been released after 2012
Hint 5: This other thing --> it's the Rocketeer, if my google search is correct. Goat is signed to the label Rocket
Hint 6: This Fella --> I truly have no idea
Hint 7: The band is from Europe --> as above, they're from Sweden (probably)

and going back to the album, I guess World Music, their first and possibly best album
(my favorite song is Run to your mama, also recorded in 9 different version across 2 separate Remix EPs)

but really, I don't have a clue and this is just a wild guess!

Guesses:

Gloria Estefan - Brazil 305 @avecigrec Not from Europe
CAN - TAGO MAGO @panino Not released within last 20 years
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible @Fleetwood-Matt - Not from Europe
Sun Ra - Interstellar Low Waya @Lee Newman Not released within last 20 years
Vanishing Twin – The Age Of Immunology @avecigrec
Aztec Camera - Dreamland @ByersVinyl
Le Butcherettes - bi/MENTAL @cul8er - Not from Europe
Goat - Requiem @NewsFedora
Goat - Headsoup @avecigrec
do not forget to add my GOAT guess, the original, the detailed, the first one, and probably the incorrect too........

ok, stay with me as this is complex, not entirely factual and really improvised

The band is GOAT from Sweden
The album is.... I haven't decided yet

Hint 1: Not all Songs are in English --> the band is from Sweden and I believe some songs are in Swedish and/or other african languages, since they collaborate with some african musicians.
Hint 2: This thing --> the psycho-fuzz (psychedelic + acid rock + afro beat) sound could be (at a stretch) associated with this thing
Hint 3: The group has more than 4 members --> the number of members is unclear, such as their identity, so it should fit
Hint 4: It was released within the last 20 years --> their 3 original albums and 2 live albums have all been released after 2012
Hint 5: This other thing --> it's the Rocketeer, if my google search is correct. Goat is signed to the label Rocket
Hint 6: This Fella --> I truly have no idea
Hint 7: The band is from Europe --> as above, they're from Sweden (probably)

and going back to the album, I guess World Music, their first and possibly best album
(my favorite song is Run to your mama, also recorded in 9 different version across 2 separate Remix EPs)

but really, I don't have a clue and this is just a wild guess!
Good Job with this run down.
Hint two is "Union of Sun and Moon" which is the first song title off Requiem.
Hint six is from Legends of the Hidden Temple and the third song is called Temple Rhythms.

Ooooh I like that! I'm actually a little annoyed with myself that I didn't think of GOAT earlier.

I'm gonna go with the album being Requiem, as it saw a re-release earlier this year. Also the first song has like... pan flutes or something in it which kind of gives me Olmec vibes.
bravo @NewsFedora for your guess.
Now that you are a millionaire, please share part of your wealth with the person that put you on the correct path for the guess.
I'll provide you my current account details in PM.

bravo @NewsFedora for your guess.
Now that you are a millionaire, please share part of your wealth with the person that put you on the correct path for the guess.
I'll provide you my current account details in PM.
I'll hook you up as soon as that check clears!

But seriously, you pointing out GOAT as a possibility immediately had the pieces fall into place for me, so I definitely see that as a co-win in the guessing. Funny thing is when it was my month a few months ago I had briefly considered GOAT as an album candidate before I narrowed it down between Jneiro and another band. I most likely would have gone with Commune, but Requiem's grown on me a lot since I first heard it a few years back so I definitely like it as this month's pick.

Back