Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 28 - October 2021 /// Blonde Redhead - Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons

they were dating for basically all of their career and got married in 2009 or so

also a reissue fairly recently

Amplified_Heart.jpg

Your guesses are fantastic so far!
I hope this next one helps even more.

REJECTED ALBUM #2: Unwound, Leaves Turn Inside You

1630544106844.png

Why I would have chosen it: This album is a massive statement, one that their previous records barely hinted at. It deserves, nay demands, a place in the pantheon of the greatest of the great double albums. There is not one wasted guitar riff, keyboard stroke, or drum fill here. Why this isn't one of the most-talked about albums of the last 20 years I don't know.

Why I didn't chose it: Currently out-of-print.

YOUR CLUE: Unwound never made another record before this, and, unfortunately for us, they never made another record after this. This was their 7th album.
My album of the month is considered transitional for the band in question. Their most celebrated and popular works, surprisingly, were still ahead of them, built on the sounds created on this, their 5th album.

Why I didn't chose it: Currently out-of-print.
So numero sold out?

Also sonic youth seems likely

I really need to finish that Album because I know it's considered a classic but I could never finish even though I love noise rock and some no wave

Back