Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 22 - April 2021 // Nérija - Blume

Halfway through the guesses I've set up now. I know you guys are really struggling....

View attachment 91751
Hmm, a London jazz band made up only of women??? Who could it be?

Seriously, though, I would say to anybody who hasn't checked them out individually, pretty much everybody in Nérija has put out amazing stuff on their own eg Nubya Garcia, Cassie Kinoshi, Rosie Turton. Perhaps most of all guitarist Shirley Tetteh, she's amazing. I think they've even let a token male into the band now.

Getting a bit slow on here now (I wonder why......😂) so time for another clue. If this one is successfully linked then I will post the rest of the clues in one go (a couple of days from now), with a final push to see if they can all be linked. Then, if everyone is cool with it, I will announce early with some links to articles, my own explanation of why it's been picked, and links to where to buy.

Clue - Rating.png

Last edited:
Getting a bit slow on here now (I wonder why......😂) so time for another clue. If this one is successfully linked then I will post the rest of the clues in one go (a couple of days from now), with a final push to see if they can all be linked. Then, if everyone is cool with it, I will announce early with some links to articles, my own explanation of why it's been picked, and links to where to buy.

View attachment 92089
Nérija: Blume
🧐

While this month miggggggght have been guessed a bit early, one thing I would say is that the process has shown me just how amazingly diverse the current music scene is (including reissues and the like). For ANY guess thread to come up with such an eclectic mix of music from just a few hints is pretty damn amazing!!

So this is (probably) the first time ive owned an N&G AOTM pick already.

And yet despite this, still I was absolutely no closer to coming up with an accurate guess.
Im going to rethink my strategy for guesses. Linked to the Moons orbiting cycle / tidal movements and a prophet ive yet to meet.

Hang on i think Ive just met the prophet......nope that was the window cleaner.

Is it Phil Collins.

So seeing as the cat is out of the bag, I will post the rest of the clues now and once someone (@Poly-Rythmo :ROFLMAO: ) is able to link them all I will share all of the info, writeups, links, etc. These are the easier clues so you SHOULD get them all today!

Clue 9
Clue - Boat Section.png

Clue 10
Clue - AOTY.png

Clue 11
Clue - Domino.png

Clue 12
Clue - Flower Art.png

Clue 13
Clue - Flowers.png

So seeing as the cat is out of the bag, I will post the rest of the clues now and once someone (@Poly-Rythmo :ROFLMAO: ) is able to link them all I will share all of the info, writeups, links, etc. These are the easier clues so you SHOULD get them all today!

Clue 9
View attachment 92372

Clue 10
View attachment 92373

Clue 11
View attachment 92374

Clue 12
View attachment 92375

Clue 13
View attachment 92376
Clue 10 - part of the Rough Trade albums of the year for 2019, it was also their album of the month in Aug'19.

Back