Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 22 - April 2021 // Nérija - Blume

Before we get too deep with the clues I guess I should double-check something. Am I supposed to 'reveal' if and when someone guesses correctly? @Joe Mac any tips?

p.s. @panino dont get too excited.......its not Barbie Girl.
Totally your show
Ps. (I wouldn’t - I’d just carry on regardless.)

mmm today’s guess - Beautiful South - Greatst hits.

Before we get too deep with the clues I guess I should double-check something. Am I supposed to 'reveal' if and when someone guesses correctly? @Joe Mac any tips?

p.s. @panino dont get too excited.......its not Barbie Girl.

No rules, it’s entirely at your discretion, I ghosted a correct guess until reveal date! I did concede that the correct band had been got once that was beyond reasonable doubt.

I’d make someone nail it to a flag to the point where you feel you have nowhere else to go before doing an early reveal.

Last edited:
Totally your show
Ps. (I wouldn’t - I’d just carry on regardless.)

mmm today’s guess - Beautiful South - Greatst hits.

No rules, it’s entirely at your discretion, i ghosted a correct guess until reveal datel i did concede that the correct band had been got once that was beyond reasonable doubt.

Id make someone nail it to a flag to the point where you feel you have nowhere else to go before doing sn early reveal.
Cheers guys, I will carry on once it's been guessed and wait for a firm answer! Plenty of time and clues to go yet!

i have a hunch that the album probably has something to do with liquid..

both paint and water are liquids... but also the paint COULD mean something like technicolor or the album cover or something else...

or maybe he just means its a very flowing and colorful album

i dunno... maybe it is bloc party

i have a hunch that the album probably has something to do with liquid..

both paint and water are liquids... but also the paint COULD mean something like technicolor or the album cover or something else...

or maybe he just means its a very flowing and colorful album

i dunno... maybe it is bloc party
Jamie XX - Colours, you said?

About time for another clue....

Remember, as we go on the clues will become more obviously linked to the album!

View attachment 90294
Reminds me of this which is a pretty great compilation

Hope everyone's well on this mildly sunny Friday, time for the next clue and it is perhaps a predictable one....

View attachment 90576

The Original Dixieland Jass Band (ODJB) was a Dixieland jazz band that made the first jazz recordings in early 1917. Their "Livery Stable Blues" became the first jazz record ever issued The group composed and recorded many jazz standards, the most famous being "Tiger Rag". In late 1917 the spelling of the band's name was changed to Original Dixieland Jazz Band.

Shot in the dark:

Binker Golding "Abstractions of Reality Past and Incredible Feathers"

Santa Monica is by the water, there are several references to colors in the songs and it's jazz. Plus I just ordered it, so I'm ahead of the curve.

Back