Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 22 - April 2021 // Nérija - Blume

HOLY SHIT!

Thanks for mentioning them, I haven't heard of them before but they are insane.....and not even in their 20s yet!

I watched this video first and when the drummer kicked in around 40seconds.......wow!

yeah, I've been obsessed lately.

age, aesthetic, oddities, and shredding talent- utterly mind-boggling. the kids are alright.
I think he got on a kit when he was 8 and could replace Aphex Twin's drum machines, and she is a virtuoso who played Moonlight Sonata on a fart machine haha. skill and no fucks.

just came across this recent article: Who Are These Kids, and What Are They Doing to Jazz?

** album in the works

Last edited:
yeah, I've been obsessed lately.

age, aesthetic, oddities, and shredding talent- utterly mind-boggling. the kids are alright.
I think he got on a kit when he was 8 and could replace Aphex Twin's drum machines, and she is a virtuoso who played Moonlight Sonata on a fart machine haha. skill and no fucks.

just came across this recent article: Who Are These Kids, and What Are They Doing to Jazz?

** album in the works

That's some grade-A web design for their website. They need some under construction gifs to fully channel the Geocities experience.

Guesses:
Roger Waters - The Wall - @panino
Miles Davis - Water Babies - @Colonel_Angus
Pat Metheny - Watercolors - @Colonel_Angus
Pedro Santos - Krishnanda - @NewsFedora
The Waterboys “The Secret life of the.....' - @ByersVinyl
Beautiful South - Greatest Hits - @ByersVinyl
Turin Brakes - The Optimist - @Jan
Mirah - Advisory Committee - @Skalap
Hot Water Music - A Flight And A Crash - @Souljacker
Leo Kottke - Ice Water - @ranbalam
Ultimate Painting - Self titled debut - @ranbalam
A Steady Drip Drip Drip by Sparks - @Murfocakes
Enya - Watermark - @Bsdmr2
Enya - Paint The Sky With Stars - @Bsdmr2
Chicks on Speed - Chicks on Speed will Save Us All - @debianlinux
Ryan Porter - The Optimist - @nolalady
Binker Golding - Abstractions of Reality Past and Incredible Feathers - @Turbo
Seed Ensemble - Driftglass - @Poly-Rythmo
Nerija - Blume - @Poly-Rythmo
So no Paula? Damn.

Well, bully for all of you, I'm back!

And I'm also excited to dive into this completely new to me album. :)

HOLY SHIT!

Thanks for mentioning them, I haven't heard of them before but they are insane.....and not even in their 20s yet!

I watched this video first and when the drummer kicked in around 40seconds.......wow!

This just made my morning. ❤️ 🔥

I can FINALLY get around to playing my copy of Blume now the cat is out of the bag!

One thing that I forgot to mention in my write-up is that its actually a 2LP set, with the D-side being etched! My copy is the 'neon orange' pressing and while the etching is visible in the light, its a nightmare to photograph so I have taken a photo of the clear version from the internet to show below.

IMG_9851.JPG
R-13947494-1577635878-5571.jpeg

I can FINALLY get around to playing my copy of Blume now the cat is out of the bag!

One thing that I forgot to mention in my write-up is that its actually a 2LP set, with the D-side being etched! My copy is the 'neon orange' pressing and while the etching is visible in the light, its a nightmare to photograph so I have taken a photo of the clear version from the internet to show below.

View attachment 93266
View attachment 93267

Same as my copy - I found out the hard way - for some reason missed that and put it on the turntable !

I bought this blind (deaf?), but I am already a fan of Nubya Garcia and Rosie Turton, so I felt safe in liking this pick ;)

I posted on my instagram about the record being chosen for the N&G AotM and its had quite a nice response. A couple of comments on the post and a handful of direct messages from people saying they will buy the record and check it out. Hopefully we see some more people make their way over to the forum as well!

Back