Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

People don't like sound of perseverance? WHAT. That's only behind Human and symbolic for me!

A lot of death metal fans don’t like the more progressive/wanky releases as much, so they REALLY don’t like Sound since it’s barely Death Metal anymore. It’s actually my favorite Death record, and was my entry to their discography.

A lot of death metal fans don’t like the more progressive/wanky releases as much, so they REALLY don’t like Sound since it’s barely Death Metal anymore. It’s actually my favorite Death record, and was my entry to their discography.
Man that album is the definition of PROGRESSION OF SOUND. Sure the band was already awesome in their death metal roots, but even throughout Human and Symbolic you got little glimmers of progressive metal. I'm glad they shook things up with SOP because it showed they were artists who weren't afraid to try something outside their wheelhouse, and it also helps that it's just a killer album as well!

July 26 is announce date.

Changed my mind. July 24th is the announcement date. I'll be in and out all day on the 26th so don't know how much time I'll have to spend here and I want to have some discussion ON the date of announcement if people so desire.

This will also allow people to order it and received it by the weekend if they choose to do it that way.

A few hints still to come - next one dropping this Friday.

After a long a fruitful day, I now embrace Death

40343056eef4567683d3ca4ae09c490b.gif

Ok even though I have a currently live guess with The Sword- Apocrython, I would officially like to change my guess due to the fact that the cheapest copy that can be found on Amazon is $99, which I believe eliminates it.

So my new guess, which I actually think fits the clues better is High On Fire- Electric Messiah. I’m not gonna run through every match but definitely an American band with a well known liking for weed, songs about burning witches and nuclear destruction, wizard on the front cover, rw&b cover art, won Grammy for Best Metal Performance in 2019, hit the Billboard Top 200, and vinyl copy can be found for around $20 on Amazon. That’s all I got...View attachment 10584
Was trying to connect the clues to a High on Fire album recently. Would be stoked for anything Matt Pike related.

Back