Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

So, is JQBX an app?
Yes. Mobile or desktop. It requires a Spotify Premium subscription but is otherwise free. It allows all users in a room to hear the same stream at the same time. You can get in a DJ queue that rotates DJs after each track. When it is your turn you get to pick what everyone hears. There is also a chat room keeping things very social and facilitating things like setting a theme for everyone to DJ to while gossiping about the N&G forum.

Yes. Mobile or desktop. It requires a Spotify Premium subscription but is otherwise free. It allows all users in a room to hear the same stream at the same time. You can get in a DJ queue that rotates DJs after each track. When it is your turn you get to pick what everyone hears. There is also a chat room keeping things very social and facilitating things like setting a theme for everyone to DJ to while gossiping about the N&G forum.
Sounds sort of similar to turntable.fm
that was the absolute greatest.

Sounds like fun. Too bad I’m too cheap for a premium membership.

I am using a 6 month free trial afforded to users with recent Samsung devices. Maybe look into that. I have not and not otherwise stream but I may keep the membership just for our JQBX because it is that awesome.

We’re an Apple/iPhone family, so...

The reality is that since my son was born 3 years ago I’ve spent very little time streaming music. I can sometimes get away with it at work but it’s not a regular thing. And at home I basically transitioned to vinyl only. The main exception is I got a little Bluetooth speaker for streaming while I’m outside grilling. But since I live in MI, that season is about to end. All of which is to say that I’m a little jealous of all the online fun you all are having!

Back