Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

Can someone make a playlist of intro to metal for me? With some of the artists in this thread? I was doing my best to stay caught up on listening to what everyone is guessing and suggesting. But I've fallen way behind and am sad about it. It seems daunting to me. But I want to learn!

I'd love you forever!

I would be interested in this playlist too. I spent the last three weeks on vacations without Spotify and haven't had the opportunity to listen to the guesses. Now there is an endless list of names and I don't know where to start. I would add that I don't listen to any metal at all so I have good hopes that this AOTM will help me to understand my metal heads friends :p

I love the specificity of this. I a hope spreadsheet exists for your PFR (Personal Fruit Rankings for the laymen). Couple of quick questions: How deep does your PFR go? and what is your Top 5 ranked fruits currently?
This wasn't directed at me, but as a passionate and certified PFR rep, I felt compelled to reply.

1) Strawberry
2) Avocado
3) Raspberry
4) Pear
5) Plantain

This wasn't directed at me, but as a passionate and certified PFR rep, I felt compelled to reply.

1) Strawberry
2) Avocado
3) Raspberry
4) Pear
5) Plantain
Hmmm... This is a strong list though going with a pear instead an apple in the top five is bold move. I mean what is a pear but a less tasty version of an apple.

Here’s a playlist that includes at least one song from every band that was suggested as a “check this out” (vs a wild guess). Sorry if I chose the wrong song in an album. And sorry if I missed one or two or more. And sorry for the lack of organization. I just went more or less down the thread.

Are you questioning my qualifications!?!?

View attachment 11656
Oh no, that was in support of you.

I'm seeing a significant lack of tropical fruit here though. I think my top 4/6 would be:

Juice mangoes
Lychees
Chirimoya/avocado
Bananas/plantains

None of which are really very good imported or shipped to my grocery store completely green and therefore are partly high due to travel nostalgia/scarcity

Last edited:
Oh no, that was in support of you.

I'm seeing a significant lack of tropical fruit here though. I think my top 4/6 would be:

Juice mangoes
Lychees
Chirimoya/avocado
Bananas/plantains

None of which are really very good imported or shipped to my grocery store complete green and therefore are partly high due to travel nostalgia/scarcity
Your PFR’s seem a tad boujee but I do applaud your willing to stick something as gross as Lychees up that high.

Your PFR’s seem a tad boujee but I do applaud your willing to stick something as gross as Lychees up that high.
Hard for me to think of them as bougie when the vast majority of my consumption of them was traveling on a shoestring budget but yeah, not readily available good in the states.

Here’s a playlist that includes at least one song from every band that was suggested as a “check this out” (vs a wild guess). Sorry if I chose the wrong song in an album. And sorry if I missed one or two or more. And sorry for the lack of organization. I just went more or less down the thread.

tbh i kinda hope @Goatfish can do another one of these as part of further listening

(i'm definitely gonna do that now)

Unpopular opinions to follow:

1. Watermelon
2. HONEYCRISP Apples
3. Pineapple
4. Cantaloupe
5. Honeydew Melon
THIS is some PFR I can get behind. I would go Cataloupe > Honeydew > Watermelon (unless said watermelon has absorbed large amounts of Vodka) other than that I think I would probably find room for some Rainier Cherries on mine too.

Back