Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

Was this really critically acclaimed ? I mean I liked it when it got out because that was my jam at the time, but never achieved to listen to it again in its entirety since at least 2008.

It won the Echo Awards for best International Rock Group of the year for the album

It also won the Grammy for the Best Hard Rock Performance: B.Y.O.B

It also won the metal storm awards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_System_of_a_Down

So I like to think that it was, I also really loved that album.

I'm looking at it not only at the time they came out, but retrospectively as well as @Goatfish stated. And I feel like Toxicity has a much stronger critical reputation than the debut these days.

Really I’d have thought the opposite? I could see Toxicity getting the smoke blown up it’s arse by the mainstream in 2001 because it crossed over. Now that some time has passed and it’s back out of the mainstream id have though the debut would have surpassed it again because it’s better. But what do I know haha!

Really I’d have thought the opposite? I could see Toxicity getting the smoke blown up it’s arse by the mainstream in 2001 because it crossed over. Now that some time has passed and it’s back out of the mainstream id have though the debut would have surpassed it again because it’s better. But what do I know haha!

Toxicity is definitely the most known record they made, but it is also the best by a mile, even if I really like the S/T & Steal This Album! as well. I'm more reluctant about the last two, they're not bad, but they lack something in my opinion. They are still better than most of nu-metal, though (even if that subgenre had it's moment, Deftones' White Pony for example).

Toxicity is definitely the most known record they made, but it is also the best by a mile, even if I really like the S/T & Steal This Album! as well. I'm more reluctant about the last two, they're not bad, but they lack something in my opinion. They are still better than most of nu-metal, though (even if that subgenre had it's moment, Deftones' White Pony for example).

Maybe it’s a time and place thing then, I loved their debut back then but only liked Toxicity.

Note that we'd have to check a lot of year end lists as well

Because it states it's been on many best of the year lists either in retrospect or on the year it came out

We already know it's not anything djent

So periphery, tesseract, etc are all out

It’s the first of the month! More hints will come to help you narrow it down. But yeah, there are hundreds of lists out there. I’d recommend not combing through all of them you’ll go crazy.
The thing is I had a hunch it was opeth but even though it's on best metal album lists

It's not on best of the year lists besides maybe rym

Back