Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 17 - November 2020 /// Les Discrets Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées

Maybe it was released in 2005 BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT this video was recorded in 2004. Don't you dare telling me I am wrong about 2025 May AotM.

I was so damn sad. We probably had one of the best team ever. I mean, it was the perfect mix between U-21 1989/1991 world champions generation (Rui Costa, Figo, Couto, Pauleta) UCL 2004 winners players (Paulo Ferreira, Costinha, Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Maniche,) and a young 19 years old player who was starting his carreer at ManUtd. I told myself that if we were unable to win this Euro at home with this team, we would never win anything.

But then, 12 years after:

Hahahaha! Eder! Couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for Swansea that year, one of the worst forwards I’ve seen in the Premier League, and he only goes and scores a winner in the European Championships!

Hahahaha! Eder! Couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for Swansea that year, one of the worst forwards I’ve seen in the Premier League, and he only goes and scores a winner in the European Championships!

I was in front of my TV that evening and I remember saying "now imagine if Eder scores". Well, he did it. He is now a legend in Portugal (even if everybody knows he was not a top player).

Ouch! That was that long ago? It must be nearing that for me too, I think it was a week or so later that I saw them. Oh to be at a gig again....

Yeah I miss going to a show, have a 10€ beer and listen to music in the middle of other music lovers. This Covid thing like a never ending nightmare.

Yeah I miss going to a show, have a 10€ beer and listen to music in the middle of other music lovers. This Covid thing like a never ending nightmare.
I have doves booked for the start of April but the way things are here right now I’ll be shocked if we’re back going to gigs by then!

I have doves booked for the start of April but the way things are here right now I’ll be shocked if we’re back going to gigs by then!

I wanted to buy to tickets to a Francis Cabrel show in Paris in November for her birthday but we now have a curfew in Paris and we must be at home by 9pm. So no way we can go to any of his 14 shows. There is one left on Sunday at 5pm but well... I am not a huge fan of tea dance parties.

Sorry y'all I was in Vermont for the week with limited internet, needed to get away from all this Technology stuff for a bit. Announcement will be tomorrow and I am all out of clues. The answer was on the list @Skalap provided, and as much as I do like Stone From the Sky, it ain't that @gafacaode

Les Discrets ‎– Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées
Les Discrets ‎– Live At Roadburn
Michel Cloup Duo ‎– Nous Vieillirons Ensemble (Live À La Gaîté Lyrique)
Michel Cloup Duo ‎– Ici Et Là-Bas
Michel Cloup Duo ‎– Danser Danser Danser Sur Les Ruines
Näo ‎– Duel
Mermonte ‎– Mermonte
Mermonte ‎– Mouvement
Les Marquises ‎– Pensée Magique
Les Marquises ‎– La Battue
Charles-Eric Charrier ‎– Petite Soeur
Stone From The Sky ‎– Fuck The Sun

Maximum ten more guesses and we have it. I think it's Mermonte because when I asked if it was a solo or a band, @blissfullychaotic said that we wouldn't call it a band. In fact, Mermonte are a French pop-post-rock ensemble from Rennes founded and conducted by Ghislain Frapacane. Ghislain Frapacane sounds definitely like the name of someone who comes from Quebec so it connects with Coeur de Pirate.

I am almost certain it's Mermonte. I just dob't see how it connects with the clues.

Apologies, totally missed the guess thread this month.

Popped onto Spotify to favourite the album. "If you like this" suggestion - Alcest. That's me sold then. Also, I remember listening to a couple of Ulan Bator tracks years ago and liking them, so seeing them listed was a great reminder.

Looks to be an amazing pick.

Back