Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

Surprise - the N&G AoTM for September is.....

15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) - Jimmy Bell's Still In Town

I think this is a record most will be unfamiliar with but I feel y'all will dig immensely. My version of N&G Classics.

Congrats to @dhodo for being the first to go down their narrow road (see what I did there). You earn a bonus entry in the end of month drawing.

My write up will be forthcoming in the next day or two, mainly because I've been talking to Robert Kidney during this process and he has something he'd like to share. I'm gonna wait til I have that to update the first post. In the meantime, here's a quote from Robert about that night -

View attachment 61595

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT
Below is a link to the 15-60-75 store where you can purchase this 2LP set directly from the band for a measly $25. Better yet, domestic US shipping is only $3 and a paltry $10 for international.

As I said in the intro, I'm passionate about supporting the artist directly when possible and this month everyone has an opportunity to do that. With pricing like this, I kinda feel like the band is supporting us.

Placing an order here also gets you an additional entry in the prize drawing so copy me on your order so I can track that.

You'll likely get a communication from Janet at some point after placing an order. This is Robert's wife who handles orders and shipping. She's a great lady and will take good care of you. Please shop early and often.

Everyone can order here -

Here are all the clues explained -

As I stated in a post, all media I posted was a clue. The first series of clues actually spelled out the name of the band.
  • Volume 15 - 15, the first part of the band's name
  • Keith Richards - this song features Sarah Dash
  • Chuck Berry - 6 Original Albums
  • Dylan Love Minus Zero - 0
  • Mike Watt - Hyphen
  • Ron Wood - Seven Days - 7
  • The Who - Pete is playing his #5 Les Paul
There's the name of the band - 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band)

Successive clues -
  • I-IV-V Blues Progression - Terry Hynde recognized the name of the band based on this blues progression ratio - I(15) - IV(60) - V(75)
  • Stooges-1969 - The year the band was formed
  • Tuff Gong - The Bob Marley connection-this record is a live gig opening for Bob in 1975
  • Make It A Double - 2 LP
  • Two Organs - The two organs are the brothers in the band - Robert and Jack Kidney
  • Remember 1976 - LP released in 1976
  • John Lydon - sang a 15-60-75 cover on The Golden Palominos 'Visions Of Excess' LP
  • Alan! Alan! Steve! - The Animal Speaks-the first song on the record
  • Pretenders - Terry Hynde, the brother of Chrissie, is the sax player
  • Joe Walsh - Kent State shirt- the band is from Kent, OH
  • Live Music Is Better - it's a live LP recorded in Cleveland
  • Devo - Gerald Casale was a 15-60-75 band member but booted for basically being a dick
  • 35 Legendary Cleveland Agora Concerts - It's on the list
  • It's Everything, And Then It's Gone - 15-60-75 featured early in the film as the cornerstone of the Akron sound

Thanks again to everyone for participating. I had a blast doing this. Can I put my name back in the hat?

I've learned a lot about classic NE Ohio bands since moving to Akron a little over two years ago, and this band is definitely one of them. I'm pretty bummed that I wasn't paying attention to the guess thread as I bet I could have (maybe) guessed this one. This is great, fun album and a wonderful choice that's been on my list of records to grab for a while. Will take this opportunity to finally do it.

EDIT: Done.
1597675835023.png

Woah...Fatheads has pittsburgh location.... not sure how I feel about that :LOL:

It's how they win so many GABF medals too! They enter the limit from each location, which used to include the now-closed Portland, OR brewpub too. Between there, Pittsburgh, North Canton, the Production facility in North Olmsted - that's potentially 30 entries under this year's rules!

But gosh darn do they do hoppy beers exactly how I like them.

It's how they win so many GABF medals too! They enter the limit from each location, which used to include the now-closed Portland, OR brewpub too. Between there, Pittsburgh, North Canton, the Production facility in North Olmsted - that's potentially 30 entries under this year's rules!

But gosh darn do they do hoppy beers exactly how I like them.
Damn, I had no idea they even had one in Portland! Crazy how they exploded, but well deserved, they do some pretty cool stuff there

Bad timing for me this month - All of thread occurred during my Holiday. But given my turn is next and N&G curation is so good - i went and bought this blind..... Will listen on Spotify and provide thoughts in a few days.

76A47169-4756-4D4F-9109-097AF109B0B4.png

Surprise - the N&G AoTM for September is.....

15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) - Jimmy Bell's Still In Town

I think this is a record most will be unfamiliar with but I feel y'all will dig immensely. My version of N&G Classics.

Congrats to @dhodo for being the first to go down their narrow road (see what I did there). You earn a bonus entry in the end of month drawing.

My write up will be forthcoming in the next day or two, mainly because I've been talking to Robert Kidney during this process and he has something he'd like to share. I'm gonna wait til I have that to update the first post. In the meantime, here's a quote from Robert about that night -

View attachment 61595

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT
Below is a link to the 15-60-75 store where you can purchase this 2LP set directly from the band for a measly $25. Better yet, domestic US shipping is only $3 and a paltry $10 for international.

As I said in the intro, I'm passionate about supporting the artist directly when possible and this month everyone has an opportunity to do that. With pricing like this, I kinda feel like the band is supporting us.

Placing an order here also gets you an additional entry in the prize drawing so copy me on your order so I can track that.

You'll likely get a communication from Janet at some point after placing an order. This is Robert's wife who handles orders and shipping. She's a great lady and will take good care of you. Please shop early and often.

Everyone can order here -

Here are all the clues explained -

As I stated in a post, all media I posted was a clue. The first series of clues actually spelled out the name of the band.
  • Volume 15 - 15, the first part of the band's name
  • Keith Richards - this song features Sarah Dash
  • Chuck Berry - 6 Original Albums
  • Dylan Love Minus Zero - 0
  • Mike Watt - Hyphen
  • Ron Wood - Seven Days - 7
  • The Who - Pete is playing his #5 Les Paul
There's the name of the band - 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band)

Successive clues -
  • I-IV-V Blues Progression - Terry Hynde recognized the name of the band based on this blues progression ratio - I(15) - IV(60) - V(75)
  • Stooges-1969 - The year the band was formed
  • Tuff Gong - The Bob Marley connection-this record is a live gig opening for Bob in 1975
  • Make It A Double - 2 LP
  • Two Organs - The two organs are the brothers in the band - Robert and Jack Kidney
  • Remember 1976 - LP released in 1976
  • John Lydon - sang a 15-60-75 cover on The Golden Palominos 'Visions Of Excess' LP
  • Alan! Alan! Steve! - The Animal Speaks-the first song on the record
  • Pretenders - Terry Hynde, the brother of Chrissie, is the sax player
  • Joe Walsh - Kent State shirt- the band is from Kent, OH
  • Live Music Is Better - it's a live LP recorded in Cleveland
  • Devo - Gerald Casale was a 15-60-75 band member but booted for basically being a dick
  • 35 Legendary Cleveland Agora Concerts - It's on the list
  • It's Everything, And Then It's Gone - 15-60-75 featured early in the film as the cornerstone of the Akron sound

Thanks again to everyone for participating. I had a blast doing this. Can I put my name back in the hat?

And purchased! Thanks for a great ROTM!!

Edit: picture
Screenshot_20200818-210932~2.png

Posted a writeup with some cool links, one given to me by Robert Kidney, here...

Also updated the list of all you fine folks who've purchased the record from the band.

For all you fine folks who've purchased the record from your local, my thanks are equally deep and sincere.

I'm interested to hear what y'all think about this record as you dig into it. There are lots of layers.

Last edited:
Back