Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

I forgot to check reissue availability. Seems like Warm Leatherette has only been reissued as a fancy box since the 80s. Nightclubbing has a 2009 Back to Black Europe reissue that seems like you can still get, but around $30 and not widely available at first glance.

Slave to the Rhythm only reissued this century on pic disc, but seems available, I think.

Last edited:
Grace is great, I hope it is her. We were lucky enough to see her last summer at our local festival and both she and her band were spectacular. I already have the first three in the boxset and Nightclubbing but I've been looking for a good excuse to add Warm Leatherette and would be equally pleased to add any others to my collection too.

Grace is great, I hope it is her. We were lucky enough to see her last summer at our local festival and both she and her band were spectacular. I already have the first three in the boxset and Nightclubbing but I've been looking for a good excuse to add Warm Leatherette and would be equally pleased to add any others to my collection too.
Saw Grace support Pulp at Hyde Park. Amazing.

EnormousBouncyEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

This may be stretched a bit too far, but trying to find a movie including Al Green and Roger Moore, I found this:
Roger Moore of course is famous for his James Bond role.
Daniel Craig also played James Bond several times.
Daniel Craig also played in the movie "Munich".
This movie again features Al Green "Let's stay together".

Movies with Grace Jones in the soundtrack:

The Avengers - Uma Thurman
She's So Lovely - Robin Wright
Prét-à-Porter/Ready To Wear - Julia Roberts
Toys - Robin Williams/Robin Wright
EastEnders - Craig Charles

She acted in A View To A Kill with Moore and Walken.

McShane did voice-overs on her album Slave to the Rhythm.

I can't find anything for Bourdain, Teller, or Robbie though, so I'm probably wrong.

You may be on the right path. I've just found that "Jeremiah Tower: The last magnificent party" with Anthony Bourdain according to Spotify includes
Grace Jones "Warm leatherette" and
Grace Jones "Pull up the bumper"

This may be stretched a bit too far, but trying to find a movie including Al Green and Roger Moore, I found this:
Roger Moore of course is famous for his James Bond role.
Daniel Craig also played James Bond several times.
Daniel Craig also played in the movie "Munich".
This movie again features Al Green "Let's stay together".

I admire how you insist to show it's Al Green. Next time it will be: "my butcher's cousin who is friend with Ian McShane's brother baker told me once that he heard that he likes to sing Let's Stay Together while he takes his shower"

Plus, we know it's Creedence Clearwater Revival. Or Bloc Party. Or Paula Abdul.

You may be on the right path. I've just found that "Jeremiah Tower: The last magnificent party" with Anthony Bourdain according to Spotify includes
Grace Jones "Warm leatherette" and
Grace Jones "Pull up the bumper"

If next clue is a former Governor of California, then Grace Jones it shall be.

Back