Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 12 - June 2020 /// Tortoise - TNT

Semi-bummer
I order the clear with black & white hi-melt but got the plain black vinyl....
It was the same price so I'm going to leave at that, the music is fantastic regardless of the color of the vinyl.šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

That's a bummer. Thrill Jockey are good people. You might wanna reach out.
By the exchange we had before I placed the order, they definitely seem like good people and if I had payed extra for the variant I'd reach out for a refund of the price difference.
I ordered the variant because it was the same price as the black vinyl but, really it's a minor bummer.

Just popping in to say I am really loving this album. It's been in regular rotation since the announcement and I don't see it leaving any time soon. My question for you all would be which Tortoise album I should check out next?
Millions Now Living Will Never Die and Standards are both fantastic. IMO I prefer Standards slightly more (but that was my introduction to the group).

Millions Now Living Will Never Die and Standards are both fantastic. IMO I prefer Standards slightly more (but that was my introduction to the group).
Seconding Standards.
Great, thanks guys! Standards it is! I normally try to give myself at least a couple months with an artist's album before moving on to the next so I can really try to absorb it and keep them apart in my mind, so I'll check out Millions Now Living afterward.

I scored a copy of the coloured vinyl here for anyone in Europe looking for one.

Ended up having to go to PayPal resolution on this one. Got the money back but lost the ā‚¬15.50 in return postage. Furious, Iā€™d used rarewaves quite a lot in the past but this has left a seriously bad taste in the mouth. Now I have the money back Iā€™ll try and secure this through @uvwxVinyl link above.

Edit: Which is now sold out šŸ˜­

Ended up having to go to PayPal resolution on this one. Got the money back but lost the ā‚¬15.50 in return postage. Furious, Iā€™d used rarewaves quite a lot in the past but this has left a seriously bad taste in the mouth. Now I have the money back Iā€™ll try and secure this through @uvwxVinyl link above.

Edit: Which is now sold out šŸ˜­

Keep checking, maybe using one of those page followers - a friend of mine sent me that link and it was sold out by the time I had checked it, but they added more again a bit later and I was able to pick up a copy. Thrill Jockey has never been a label to do strictly limited stuff or keep things out of reach.

I scored a copy of the coloured vinyl here for anyone in Europe looking for one.

It's the only AotM I am missing :(

I slept too long on this. Anyone have a lead for a link to buy? Assuming not, but thought I'd check!

@sjaygray

Update - emailed Thrill Jockey who said, "Unfortunately, we do not have it in stock at the moment. We have it on order with our pressing plant, but with how backed up they are right now, I don't have an exact date on when it will be available again, but soon! "

Last edited:

So just noticed this is available and they will ship from London for us euros. Only 7 copies left. Worked out as $33.70 shipped (ā‚¬28.90).

I canā€™t remember who didnā€™t have it, @Skalap were you one?

Thanks! I'll grab a copy before these sold out again!

EDIT: done!

Last edited:
So I love TNT. Even have this old FM radio bootleg from Germany of Tortoise performing the album in 98 or 99. But I've never explored the other albums in their discography. Any recommendations for an album in a similar vein as TNT?

Back