Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 12 - June 2020 /// Tortoise - TNT

Don’t get me started! I sent that back to rarewaves for a refund and they never gave it to me. Had to get onto PayPal for the refund of the record but lost out on the €15.50 return postage to Florida 😡😡😡

Do you have any update from TJ? I placed my order on Jan 25 and no email since. I thought the record was on stock (limited stock though).

Do you have any update from TJ? I placed my order on Jan 25 and no email since. I thought the record was on stock (limited stock though).

No I’ve heard nothing yet. I actually don’t think I even got a confirmation email from them, just the PayPal receipt. 26th is only last Tuesday. I’ll give it a fortnight, if I don’t hear anything by Tuesday I’ll fire them an email.

No I’ve heard nothing yet. I actually don’t think I even got a confirmation email from them, just the PayPal receipt. 26th is only last Tuesday. I’ll give it a fortnight, if I don’t hear anything by Tuesday I’ll fire them an email.

Fire them two emails then! One in Gaelic and the other in French. Jokes aside, I received a confirmation by email. Check your spam?

Fire them two emails then! One in Gaelic and the other in French. Jokes aside, I received a confirmation by email. Check your spam?

Nothing in my spam, I get so many emails (don’t ask how many records I bought in my “no buy” January) that i have to clear it out daily lol.

Nothing in my spam, I get so many emails (don’t ask how many records I bought in my “no buy” January) that i have to clear it out daily lol.

On the opposite side I never had so few "records order" emails (only 8 right now, including KS HumminGuru RCM). I also plan to have a boat leaving Japan by the end of the month, but this is a different story that I will tell later.

On the opposite side I never had so few "records order" emails (only 8 right now, including KS HumminGuru RCM). I also plan to have a boat leaving Japan by the end of the month, but this is a different story that I will tell later.

Ah you backed it in the end! Nice! I am looking forward to that landing later in the year.

I’m going to have to slow down a bit more this month. Trying not to buy beyond my pre orders. Also is it me or is there like 700 great releases coming out on the 26th? Paying the preorders for them is going to be steep...

As always I look forward to your tales from the j jazz ship!

Ah you backed it in the end! Nice! I am looking forward to that landing later in the year.

I’m going to have to slow down a bit mote this month. Trying not too but beyond my pre orders. Also is it me or is there like 700 great releases coming out on the 26th? Paying the preorders for them is going to be steep...

I am avoiding Pre Order thread because of it, too many great records coming + some FOMO on limited releases. I still don't know how I resisted from pre-order Coltrane/Craft limited release but I did.

@Skalap did your ever get your copy?

I realised it was a month since I last spoke to them, and two since i oredered, so I threw out a couple of polite entities over the last fortnight and the silence is deafening. I think I’m fated to never own this one...

@Skalap did your ever get your copy?

I realised it was a month since I last spoke to them, and two since i oredered, so I threw out a couple of polite entities over the last fortnight and the silence is deafening. I think I’m fated to never own this one...

Nothing on my side, I'll do the same later today and will let you know if I have any answer.

So still nothing from Thrill Jockey. Gunna have to open another PayPal dispute. Ordered this record twice, each time with different retailers. Twice I’ve had to open a PayPal dispute.

It’s dooooomed!

I sent an email on April 24th and again yesterday, nothing. I am opening a dispute...

I sent an email on April 24th and again yesterday, nothing. I am opening a dispute...

He did get back to me and refunded me through PayPal himself. Apparently the records that came over for us got destroyed in shipping and they are waiting on replacements. I took the refund as I didn’t want to exceed the PayPal dispute period waiting. Sorry they’ve been shit with you, the dispute will get you your money back 🤞🏻

He did get back to me and refunded me through PayPal himself. Apparently the records that came over for us got destroyed in shipping and they are waiting on replacements. I took the refund as I didn’t want to exceed the PayPal dispute period waiting. Sorry they’ve been shit with you, the dispute will get you your money back 🤞🏻

Yup! Shit happens. He seemed honest but the lack of replies to my last two e-mails took me to open a dispute, just in case. I swear, I'll have this record in hands someday!!!

This was one of the AotMs I was familiar with before joining the forum - in fact, it's holding rather high on my want list and has been since I first listened to it sometime last autumn as me and my wife were settling into our new home. I'd been introduced to Jeff Parker earlier in the year but didn't make the connection to Tortoise until some time later. Tortoise is a band I've been familiar with by name for what feels like forever but had never actually listened to over what turned into decades. I still haven't checked out any of their other albums, but love this one more and more every time I listen to it. Fantastic pick @sjaygray - and one helluva story to go along with it! Thank you.

Back