Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

You speak wisely oh wise one. I’ve always rated Buckingham above Green. No disrespect to Green at all who was a phenomenal songwriter/guitarist/singer who broke boundaries. But that little fluttery solo on Gypsy or the new wave funky thump on Not That Funny or the acoustic Big Love puts LB high on my guitarist list.

Yeah Lindsay is a phenomenal guitarist, and reportedly a terrible human but still.

The list though violates the fundamental law of the guitar. No Johnny Marr, bad job Rolling Stone...

Fans of melodic or progressive rock that haven’t delved into Metallica have much to discover.
melodic i definitely see with master of puppets and maybe ride the lightning, but for progressive rock fans its definitely ...and justice for all you are looking for. its no dream theater or anything but its definitely gonna satisfy your more theatrical side

Yeah Lindsay is a phenomenal guitarist, and reportedly a terrible human but still.

The list though violates the fundamental law of the guitar. No Johnny Marr, bad job Rolling Stone...

It’s a shame that most of the best musicians are terrible humans. He really was a little shit to Stevie Nicks. And seems a prick in interviews.

But I forget that as soon as this starts

paging sir @Skalap and that everything except metallica and AC/DC (someone guessed it and was sadly ignored) are removed from the guess thread as those are the only 2 things that have been guessed that are on the list..

I am catching up the last pages and updating the second post ;)

A round of applause for @duke86fan as she is doing some sterling sleuthing. Also @Skalap the guesses have been coming hot and heavy here and while I appreciate the great suggestions I know it must be hard keeping on top of. I’m doubtful I can do as good a job next month.
lets hope goatfish takes it easy on you

melodic i definitely see with master of puppets and maybe ride the lightning, but for progressive rock fans its definitely ...and justice for all you are looking for. its no dream theater or anything but its definitely gonna satisfy your more theatrical side

Prog is definitely a type of music I have expressed admiration for. Then again, most genres are types of music i have expressed admiration for.

Wait, I see both Sonic Youth's guitarists but only one Metallica and one AC/CD. I do not have knowledge in Metal so why are you keeping the last two in the guess list?
last 2 as in metallica and AC/DC (because the jethro tull connection, and even one of the guitarists being on the list should count for this rule) or last 2 as in sonic youth and volvoids (we removed sister because it had a synth btw, but keeping these because they do have guitarists on the list and are just 2 guitars, bass, and drums)

last 2 as in metallica and AC/DC (because the jethro tull connection, and even one of the guitarists being on the list should count for this rule) or last 2 as in sonic youth and volvoids (we removed sister because it had a synth btw, but keeping these because they do have guitarists on the list and are just 2 guitars, bass, and drums)

Got it! Updating the list then 🥳

Back