N&G Secret Santa - 21

Did one of you wonderful people send me a record despite me missing out on the list for secret Santa?

View attachment 120527

Just finished spinning it! It’s so good. The vocal performance is so polished for live, you’d almost think it had to be in studio if it wasn’t for the occasional crowd noise. I’m really impressed.

I’d been meaning to buy some Curtis for ages but had never got around to it, this has given me a push for sure, gotta figure out the best presses for his stuff now…

Just finished spinning it! It’s so good. The vocal performance is so polished for live, you’d almost think it had to be in studio if it wasn’t for the occasional crowd noise. I’m really impressed.

I’d been meaning to buy some Curtis for ages but had never got around to it, this has given me a push for sure, gotta figure out the best presses for his stuff now…

I didn't realize that was your first Curtis to boot. Extra well-played @scotthilk & @marshall!

Dear Santee,

One of the items I ordered for you was listed as a pre-order when I ordered it within a couple of hours of its proper release date. Over a week later, said seller still has it listed as a pre-order! 😳 I am still holding out hope they get their stock sooner than later, but you may wind up with a belated gift as well!

Santa Grec.

A completely unexpected package showed up in the mail from Mr. Bongo this morning! My Santa's gift! An amazing bundle of Japanese Jazz records with a nice note about why they chose these records.

IMG_0521.jpg

So freakin' excited to spin these!! My Santa mentioned Paris and, of course, J-Jazz so I'm going to guess it was @Skalap ????

I hope I'm not wrong! Thank so you much!!!

904B36CF-AAEB-4364-9946-9F9D1B45AB29.jpeg

Couple of belters from Santa!

Can - Future Days.
What I love about Secret Santa is when someone spots a gap in your knowledge and goes for it. I know I’d like Krautrock, but I’ve never really given it a go. This could be my starting point. Result.

Tortoise
I’ve only really spent quality time with TNT, so looking forward to this. I think I might have a single from around this time, but not 100% certain.

The guys from Dutch Vinyl approved of your choices @ducktree, as do I. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 120742

Couple of belters from Santa!

Can - Future Days.
What I love about Secret Santa is when someone spots a gap in your knowledge and goes for it. I know I’d like Krautrock, but I’ve never really given it a go. This could be my starting point. Result.

Tortoise
I’ve only really spent quality time with TNT, so looking forward to this. I think I might have a single from around this time, but not 100% certain.

The guys from Dutch Vinyl approved of your choices @ducktree, as do I. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!
Yay! I checked the tracking earlier and was briefly confused because it had been delivered tomorrow :)

And yes, tried to find some gaps you might dig. Enjoy and Merry Christmas! Wish I had been able to make a nice package on my own, but international waters and all that. Glad to at least share the cheer this year.

Yay! I checked the tracking earlier and was briefly confused because it had been delivered tomorrow :)

And yes, tried to find some gaps you might dig. Enjoy and Merry Christmas! Wish I had been able to make a nice package on my own, but international waters and all that. Glad to at least share the cheer this year.
No need to worry, this is perfect!

I actually did listen to Neu! For the first time recently and realised that a lot of the bands I like were quite heavily influenced. Will be fun to go back again to the source.

No need to worry, this is perfect!

I actually did listen to Neu! For the first time recently and realised that a lot of the bands I like were quite heavily influenced. Will be fun to go back again to the source.
Got halfway through Tortoise. Loving it. Have no idea why I didn’t listen to more of their stuff.

A completely unexpected package showed up in the mail from Mr. Bongo this morning! My Santa's gift! An amazing bundle of Japanese Jazz records with a nice note about why they chose these records.

View attachment 120688

So freakin' excited to spin these!! My Santa mentioned Paris and, of course, J-Jazz so I'm going to guess it was @Skalap ????

You are not wrong! I hope you don't have these records and that you will enjoy them as much as I do! Happy Christmas!

PS: I actually wrote the note and asked them to add it to the records. They said they would, and they did.

This community never stop surprising me, for the very, very good. Right after my post I received a package and what was in amazed me :

1639039819275.png

@trickyseven I can't thank you enough for these fantastic records and for your very kind words (I love that Heritage had such impact for you)! I wanted to buy Albert King's for a while (much more than my wantlist shows) and couldn't find a copy in the wild. I wanted this Speakers Corner particularly, it was a huge hole in my collection that you filled. Amazing part I! Than, the completist in me bought a couple of Black Jazz reissues some time ago and, of course, I now want to have them all! Well, here is one less that I will have to find! Amazing part II! Then your kind words that I won't share it but I appreciate that you took some of your time to wrote them. Maxi AMAZING!

Thank you Santa!

This community never stop surprising me, for the very, very good. Right after my post I received a package and what was in amazed me :

View attachment 120765

@trickyseven I can't thank you enough for these fantastic records and for your very kind words (I love that Heritage had such impact for you)! I wanted to buy Albert King's for a while (much more than my wantlist shows) and couldn't find a copy in the wild. I wanted this Speakers Corner particularly, it was a huge hole in my collection that you filled. Amazing part I! Than, the completist in me bought a couple of Black Jazz reissues some time ago and, of course, I now want to have them all! Well, here is one less that I will have to find! Amazing part II! Then your kind words that I won't share it but I appreciate that you took some of your time to wrote them. Maxi AMAZING!

Thank you Santa!
Cheers mate! Happy holidays to you and yours!

View attachment 120768

Santa delivered some jazz this morning, thanks for the generous Secret Santa gifts @panino!
you're welcome my man!

as mentioned in my card, Bobbi Humphrey is based on your Discog wish list, while the Jun Fukamachi Sgt. Pepper reinterpretation is more a curiosity than anything else, and it should go well with your Beatles collection!

I truly love this Secret Santa, from sending gifts and records to receiving, and most of all reviewing the exchanges between all the participants!

View attachment 120688

Those bamboo-flute albums looks so interesting. Gonna have to listen on Spotify.

Back