N&G Secret Santa - 21

Already going through my Santee's collection on discogs, trying to figure out the perfect curated pick.

One question: should we only select brand new, sealed record(s)?
I think you go with what works. If I found something used in good condition that fit the bill I would definitely gift it. I know I wouldn’t be upset receiving quality used vinyl.

Already going through my Santee's collection on discogs, trying to figure out the perfect curated pick.

If You’re my Santa It wouldn’t matter to me if it’s new/sealed As long as it’s not all scratched up.
pretty much same.. i was given a used record before but they were really nice and did it because they knew i loved OPNs music

I'm just gonna echo what everyone else here has said - I'm totally happy with used if it plays clean and means I get a selection that may not otherwise happen.
My friends and I do a monthly(ish) SS style record club and it's much the same - probably 15% of the gifted records over the last 16 months have been used but/and amazing.

Heck, a bunch on my want list can only be found used. Like the others so long as it's in good clean playing shape I'm happy!

And my God - you guys in the US don't know how lucky you are. I just bought records for my Santee that would have cost me more than 3x what I paid for them at my local here in Norway. Yes, I know there are sales on etc, and that Norway is fairly expensive (but it's not much more than the European average).

But let that sink in: three times! Not sure what my wallet (or collection) would look like if I could buy at such prices...

And my God - you guys in the US don't know how lucky you are. I just bought records for my Santee that would have cost me more than 3x what I paid for them at my local here in Norway. Yes, I know there are sales on etc, and that Norway is fairly expensive (but it's not much more than the European average).

But let that sink in: three times! Not sure what my wallet (or collection) would look like if I could buy at such prices...
I'm not sure regarding prices of vinyl records, but of all places I've ever been to Norway was the most expensive one. Switzerland and Canada come close.

I'm not sure regarding prices of vinyl records, but of all places I've ever been to Norway was the most expensive one. Switzerland and Canada come close.
Vinyl is not awful (especially when you add in VAT and shipping for elsewhere). But some other things are crazy - my beers last night were $14 each and weren't even a pint (400ml)...

Back