N&G Secret Santa - 21

@Poly-Rythmo I believe that this was you!

Thank you so much! Confession this arrived just before I left for home for Christmas and I’ve only just got around to taking photos and posting!

I don’t know the album artist or any on the compilation so I’m looking forward to exploring!

9469D58A-981E-4D9D-A6D6-B015B843D5B1.jpegF42FB0C1-00B9-4D0E-BC11-12F5F525F0D6.jpeg

Seriouly though thanks so much. I didn’t expect anything after missing out and to get two separate packages from two different people is just unbelievable really!

@Poly-Rythmo I believe that this was you!

Thank you so much! Confession this arrived just before I left for home for Christmas and I’ve only just got around to taking photos and posting!

I don’t know the album artist or any on the compilation so I’m looking forward to exploring!

View attachment 123181View attachment 123182

Seriouly though thanks so much. I didn’t expect anything after missing out and to get two separate packages from two different people is just unbelievable really!
@Thackeraye was the real mastermind! I'm just glad it made it. I sent it in November along with two PIFs to Germany and nearly 4 weeks later none of them had arrived. Stressing over. Think both @Thackeraye and I thought this would be right in your wheelhouse - two great albums from the fantastic Scottish indie label, Last Night from Glasgow. Enjoy!

@Thackeraye was the real mastermind! I'm just glad it made it. I sent it in November along with two PIFs to Germany and nearly 4 weeks later none of them had arrived. Stressing over. Think both @Thackeraye and I thought this would be right in your wheelhouse - two great albums from the fantastic Scottish indie label, Last Night from Glasgow. Enjoy!
Couldn’t see you without a Secret Santa, Joe! Claimed these PIF’s off @Poly-Rythmo and there you go. Both are great albums from a label doing good things.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

20220110_212024.jpg
Long overdue to post this but it's been a very hectic end of year/start of the year and I'm just now getting back on the forum! I wanted to thank @Indymisanthrope for the phenomenal Secret Santa!

Sam Burton on the Thompkins Square label has been a phenomenal listen and a reminder or just how much I like some of the stuff they put out.

It's been fun hearing the Indiana sounds of Otis Gibbs as well! Always appreciative when people share their favorite locals.

Finally, I get to fill one of the biggest gaps in my collection with the great MOV pressing ofTaj Mahal's self-titled record. As always even with how hectic life is, this Secret Santa is always a highlight of my holiday season! Thanks again @Indymisanthrope for the patience in me posting and the great gift!

Thanks for the wonderful Christmas gifts @RoxCity !
View attachment 122794
The Brief Encounter - The Brief Encounter
Terry Callier - What Color Is Love
Chapel Hill and Griff’s Toffee

Thank you for the thoughtful gifts from your home state. I am barely familiar with Callier and completely ignorant to The Brief Encounter. Looking forward to checking both out soon. The description in your letter make both sound like they’d be a good time.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

Cheers!
So glad to see these arrived safely! Just now getting back on the forum, but I hope these provide at least a few good listens! They're certainly favorites of mine.

Don't hesitate to reach out if there are any issues or if you're just not feeling the records, always happy to take a mulligan! Happy New Year! @TenderLovingKiller®

View attachment 124591
Long overdue to post this but it's been a very hectic end of year/start of the year and I'm just now getting back on the forum! I wanted to thank @Indymisanthrope for the phenomenal Secret Santa!

Sam Burton on the Thompkins Square label has been a phenomenal listen and a reminder or just how much I like some of the stuff they put out.

It's been fun hearing the Indiana sounds of Otis Gibbs as well! Always appreciative when people share their favorite locals.

Finally, I get to fill one of the biggest gaps in my collection with the great MOV pressing ofTaj Mahal's self-titled record. As always even with how hectic life is, this Secret Santa is always a highlight of my holiday season! Thanks again @Indymisanthrope for the patience in me posting and the great gift!
Whew! Really glad to know it didn't get nabbed from your porch or something. Or that you didn't get nabbed from your porch. I barely got it out the door to you before Christmas in the first place, so no worries.

Like I said in my note to you and have said on the forum more than once, I don't know who Sam Burton is or where he came from, but the songs on that record haunt my brain. It's low key, but definitely a surprise grower for me. I hope more people check it out.

Happy new year!

So glad to see these arrived safely! Just now getting back on the forum, but I hope these provide at least a few good listens! They're certainly favorites of mine.

Don't hesitate to reach out if there are any issues or if you're just not feeling the records, always happy to take a mulligan! Happy New Year! @TenderLovingKiller®
Still working through my December stack of new LPs but I downloaded a copy of The Brief Encounter and that album is supremely funky, fantastic. Also, can confirm the toffee was amazing. Finished that off before my diet started. Thanks again!

Whew! Really glad to know it didn't get nabbed from your porch or something. Or that you didn't get nabbed from your porch. I barely got it out the door to you before Christmas in the first place, so no worries.

Like I said in my note to you and have said on the forum more than once, I don't know who Sam Burton is or where he came from, but the songs on that record haunt my brain. It's low key, but definitely a surprise grower for me. I hope more people check it out.

Happy new year!

Sorry again for taking so long to post! Never had a package go missing so glad to keep that streak alive! Phenomenal listens thank you again!

Still working through my December stack of new LPs but I downloaded a copy of The Brief Encounter and that album is supremely funky, fantastic. Also, can confirm the toffee was amazing. Finished that off before my diet started. Thanks again!

Glad to hear it. Always happy to share The Brief Encounter with folks! And for sure, the toffee is addicting. It's become a staple in any holiday gift giving around here.

@Yer Ol' Uncle D really nailed that one. I LOVE that album. I've been having a funky time spinning it.

Back