N&G Secret Santa 2023

Would you be interested in participating in Secret Santa this year?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Hell yeah, brother

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Is the Pope Catholic?

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No, I am the Grinch

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also I love how your little nug canister is just out and chillin

giphy.gif
Ha! That actually houses the Wu Tang 45 adapters I got (saw on a message board either here or old place). The nug jar is at least 10 feet further away ;)

my santas gift is arriving at their house relatively fidget free tomorrow.. i just hope they read the note because I didn't just include the 2 (Admittedly obvious) albums but also 2 recommendations that I would have included if they were on vinyl or I could include them (but it would be like 90 bucks and that's too much for this), and one semi recommendation that is INCREDIBLY mixed received (ie people fucking hate it) but might just be ok for them

Last edited:
Also, this killer gift arrived today…
IMG_9945.jpeg
The Indie Exclusive of Protomartyr newest, Formal Growth In The Desert, one of the few remaining Luna albums I needed, Romantica on clear wax, and the MoFi of The Pretenders self titled debut. Plus a wonderful Ween sticker.

Thanks a bunch @mucusoffmybrain you did an amazing job!

Also, this killer gift arrived today…
View attachment 189708
The Indie Exclusive of Protomartyr newest, Formal Growth In The Desert, one of the few remaining Luna albums I needed, Romantica on clear wax, and the MoFi of The Pretenders self titled debut. Plus a wonderful Ween sticker.

Thanks a bunch @mucusoffmybrain you did an amazing job!
Enjoy! That Protomartyr album was one of my favs this year.

Getting my package all together to ship out tomorrow later today.

I didn't open one from Amazon last week - and just now found that it wasn't sealed and just in a bag in a box. A bit odd as it was sold by Amazon, not a third party. Never seen that before - and I order from Amazon frequently. It is a record from a couple years ago, so maybe they got some odd supply of this specific variant.

At least condition is still fine - I'm currently play testing just in case.

I have noticed that I just don't get stickers from labels/stores as much anymore...my supply of doubles is dwindling.

Last edited:
I really love to see the above messages!
people getting excited for their Santees to receive their gift.

it's a great virtual community!

I'm getting all sentimental and teary in my old age.....
1701956839457.jpeg

and while I'm at it, Santee, I'm still to get your records, but no panic, there's plenty of time!

😍😍😍 Seems like my Santa travelled quite a lot for this Secret Santa. He went from Benin to Mali, Poland, Norway, England and landed in France this morning. If you can read the name of the band on the 7'' you now who sent me this wonderful and multicultural package.

View attachment 189833

Thank you again @Poly-Rythmo ❤️

Damn. Hot damn. That is a fine parcel. Whoever made this happen is a legitimate superhero.

It's not me, btw, but I wish it was lol

😍😍😍 Seems like my Santa travelled quite a lot for this Secret Santa. He went from Benin to Mali, Poland, Norway, England and landed in France this morning. If you can read the name of the band on the 7'' you now who sent me this wonderful and multicultural package.

View attachment 189833

Thank you again @Poly-Rythmo ❤️
Ha! You're welcome. I was v happy to get you as my Santee. I've collected some of these records over a year or so, in the hope that they'd fit the taste of whoever I got. And, well, I hope they do with you.

Somewhat amusing aside for the others - I'd been following the tracking avidly and seemed like it was going to be delivered today. Suddenly @Skalap starts a chat with me - how are you doing etc? I checked tracking and the parcel was delivered. I didn't know if this was part of the game, so tried to play it pretty cool. I asked if he'd started collecting African OGs, trying to sniff out if he'd opened the parcel. He said no he hadn't started as "African 45s is a rabbit hole I'm trying to avoid". Welcome to the rabbit hole 😂

Three of the best records from Poland, Benin, and Mali. Enjoy!

Ha! You're welcome. I was v happy to get you as my Santee. I've collected some of these records over a year or so, in the hope that they'd fit the taste of whoever I got. And, well, I hope they do with you.

Somewhat amusing aside for the others - I'd been following the tracking avidly and seemed like it was going to be delivered today. Suddenly @Skalap starts a chat with me - how are you doing etc? I checked tracking and the parcel was delivered. I didn't know if this was part of the game, so tried to play it pretty cool. I asked if he'd started collecting African OGs, trying to sniff out if he'd opened the parcel. He said no he hadn't started as "African 45s is a rabbit hole I'm trying to avoid". Welcome to the rabbit hole 😂

Three of the best records from Poland, Benin, and Mali. Enjoy!

I swear I didn't have the parcel in hands and I am not even sure I knew. I checked again and I started the conversation around 11am and my gf sent me a picture of the parcel by 1pm. It was totally to have news from you. Then when I came back from work I opened and didn't had to think a lot about who could have shipped this ❤️

Back