N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Santa Joe has outdone himself this year 🥰
View attachment 79628
Ziggy is an album that I have considered picking multiple times throughout the years and just never have, so it's a perfect gift 😀 it's one I should have added to my library a lot sooner and it feels good to finally have it. Meanwhile, Suede will be completely new to me! Though I've heard them mentioned in the context of other music I like and I trust @Joe Mac's impeccable taste to not lead me astray, so I'm excited to spin it and see what it's all about 😁

thank you for a holiday full of cheer, dearest joe! these are wonderful records I'm looking forward to diving into very soon!! you da bomb, Santa Joe 😘
Suede is fantastic, you'll really like that album I suspect.

Oh my god, this record sounds amazing! I'm just blown away. Ella and Louis are awesome together, great harmonies. You couldn't have picked a more perfect gift. It had been a rough week so far and this is the soundtrack to things looking up. Thank you so much @greeny400

View attachment 79586
@NateOEB I’m so, so glad to hear you are enjoying it! It’s a really lovely album to put on this time of year and the Analogue Productions pressing just makes it shine that little bit more. I’m sorry to hear things have been rough and hope that the year ends well for you and your family. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!

Santa Joe has outdone himself this year 🥰
View attachment 79628
Ziggy is an album that I have considered picking multiple times throughout the years and just never have, so it's a perfect gift 😀 it's one I should have added to my library a lot sooner and it feels good to finally have it. Meanwhile, Suede will be completely new to me! Though I've heard them mentioned in the context of other music I like and I trust @Joe Mac's impeccable taste to not lead me astray, so I'm excited to spin it and see what it's all about 😁

thank you for a holiday full of cheer, dearest joe! these are wonderful records I'm looking forward to diving into very soon!! you da bomb, Santa Joe 😘

Awwwwww! You’re so welcome gap, you absolutely deserve all the Christmas treats 😄

I decided to get you two from your want list and one that was me introducing you to something!

When I saw that Ziggy not in your collection and was in your want list I knew I had to get it for you because you love Bowie and I was sure you already knew and loved the album but just hadn’t got around to picking it up.

Disintegration also jumped out at me from your want list. It’s The Cure’s masterpiece, a beautiful shimmering album that has a cavernous sound, it’s as if it was produced by Job in the belly of the whale!

Then finally I wanted to give you something that I like to see how you’d react to it. I know you love blur so I wanted to introduce you to some more britpop. It was between suede and pulp. I’ve always thought that suede’s debut was an underrated gem in that scene, it has 4 killer singles, and when I saw the RSD reissue with the quirkiness of the US band title i though that it had to be the third!

I hope that you enjoy them all and have a wonderful Christmas, you absolutely deserve it!

Last edited:
Awwwwww! You’re so welcome gap, you absolutely deserve all the Christmas treats 😄

I decided to get you two from your want list and one that was me introducing you to something!

When I saw that Ziggy not in your collection and was in your want list I knew I had to get it for you becuse you love Bowie and I was sure you already knew and loved the album but just hadn’t got around to picking it up.

Disintegration also jumped out at me from your want list. It’s The Cure’s masterpiece, a beautiful shimmering album that has a cavernous sound, it’s as if it was produced by Job in the belly of the whale!

Then finally I wanted to give you something that I like to see how you’d react to it. I know you love blur so I wanted to introduce you to some more britpop. It was between suede and pulp. I’ve always thought that suede’s debut was an underrated gem in that scene, it has 4 killer singles, and when I saw the RSD reissue with the quirkiness of the US band title i though that it had to be the third!

I hope that you enjoy them all and have a wonderful Christmas, you absolutely deserve it!

I see @NathanRicaud is rubbing off on you.

All I’m saying in response to both of these is:

@NathanRicaud did you get the reference?
Of course! You’re descriptive like me when it comes to describing albums! I love that we’re both the same like that! 😍😍😍

We both love travelling, food, music, supporting local companies, like the look of SMEG appliances, are both single, and our favourite PJ Harvey album is Dry!!! I love that for both of us! ❤️❤️❤️

Of course! You’re descriptive like me when it comes to describing albums! I love that we’re both the same like that! 😍😍😍

We both love travelling, food, music, supporting local companies, like the look of SMEG appliances, are both single, and our favourite PJ Harvey album is Dry!!! I love that for both of us! ❤️❤️❤️

Hmmmmm! So that’s a no then. @Rip_City compared us because of a description I used, I was alluding to the reference in it...

That is not what I wrote, read again. On the opposite side, I can easily imagine a company paying someone to say good things about them.
Ahhhhh gotcha!!! Yeah, companies definitive pay people to say good things about them! It always happens! I think VMP have done that a few times, but I guess most companies from McDonalds to Apple do the same thing!

Just for the record, I do not feel pressured at all to say good things about VMP because I received free membership/records from them. I will still criticise them, but it’s mainly positive criticism. Still, I think their late notice with closing down the VMP forum was hurtful and quite heartless, but it didn’t affect me as much as I thought as I love Needles&Grooves! ❤️

Back