N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Dear Santee,

After obsessively perusing your want-list and collection, you are getting:
1. A want that would be interestingly stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb-like with the rest of your collection
2. An album that makes perfect sense in your collection that I love and would fit PERFECTLY in the rest of your collection

One of them arrived today, and the other I expect Monday.
I hope I can provide tracking to you by Wednesday :D

Dear Santee -

The package was mailed today - since it has some extra things it couldn't be sent media mail so you'll get it a bit quicker.

You can open it whenever you feel like - but I would open it sooner rather than later.

My P.O. always reminds me when sending out media mail that an invoice is fine, but any actual correspondence isn't allowed and could be subjected to a search.

I don't know if that is actually true, but I didn't want to find out.

Last edited:
If that is true I am fuckt cuz yeah.
I think it's only an issue if they decide to open it up and inspect it, which I'm guessing they pretty much never do with record mailers, since I have never experienced one that was retaped in all the mailers I've received. Probably more an issue with something that is suspiciously not a book/record, but who knows. Maybe I will slip my note inside a jacket. :unsure:

Edit: I suppose the affordable alternative if one doesn't want to break the rules is to send anything that isn't media in a separate envelope, which should be much cheaper than paying non-media rate for the records.

I think it's only an issue if they decide to open it up and inspect it, which I'm guessing they pretty much never do with record mailers, since I have never experienced one that was retaped in all the mailers I've received. Probably more an issue with something that is suspiciously not a book/record, but who knows. Maybe I will slip my note inside a jacket. :unsure:

Edit: I suppose the affordable alternative if one doesn't want to break the rules is to send anything that isn't media in a separate envelope, which should be much cheaper than paying non-media rate for the records.
I sent a non-N&G friend a couple of records with a pair of socks enclosed in the mailer. I figure, record labels send out bonus shirts, stickers, posters, pins, etc., out with media all the time and I've never noticed it being an issue. Hopefully that will be true of my package as well.

Back