N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Now, I hope y’all know it’s a real bad time to be like, you know, preordering some fire shit that is shipping in the near term if you’re catching my drift, prospective santees.
Now look. We do have a little secret Santa secret mafia around here and we know whether your being good or bad and I happen to know some of y’all are being bad and not heeding these warnings and it’s making trouble for some of the dumber members of the mafia.

i'm at a standstill because the other 2 secret santa gifts haven't come yet AND apparently im not going to get the last part of my santas gift until the 7th (at least i can send in media mail).

so i guess its fidget mode
Tis the time of the year! All will be good! I have a non Secret Santa related parcel that has been “accepted”. Maybe if I chat to the lovelies at the USPS I can magically get their rumpuses kicked and get stuff there for the both of us! :)

Now look. We do have a little secret Santa secret mafia around here and we know whether your being good or bad and I happen to know some of y’all are being bad and not heeding these warnings and it’s making trouble for some of the dumber members of the mafia.
You outta learn em some for next time eh? :p

M

My brotha, you scored!

Amazing gifts. On top of this, I never listened to Surprise Chef and the Olympians but considering the labels, I am sure I'll love both. Durand Jones was on my want list but this is the limited colored variant (as is the Surprise Chef by the way). So my Santa did an amazing job in many many ways!

Amazing gifts. On top of this, I never listened to Surprise Chef and the Olympians but considering the labels, I am sure I'll love both. Durand Jones was on my want list but this is the limited colored variant (as is the Surprise Chef by the way). So my Santa did an amazing job in many many ways!
What is the Olympians one(pardon my non knowledge)? I am listing every record gotten so far by everyone so I can make a super playlist for the end of all this! :)

Dear Santa,

You nailed it so much that I want to call you The Masta Santa! A Mr Bongo, a Daptone and a Colemine records? Three of my favorite record labels?

View attachment 78615

Thank you so much! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Ah @Skalap glad you like! I was kinda intimidated to get you as my Santee since I discover a ton of music through your postings on here and instagram. Just learned about Surprise Chef from Mr. Bongo's website a few months ago. Kinda minimalistic and pretty chill funk. They describe themselves as "cinematic soul journeymen." We often throw them on at my place...when cooking dinner :rolleyes:

What is the Olympians one(pardon my non knowledge)? I am listing every record gotten so far by everyone so I can make a super playlist for the end of all this! :)
Yeah the Olympians are a bunch of members of the Dap Kings, El Michels Affair, Budos Band, Antibalas, etc doing an instrumental album that IMHO is the best hidden gem of an album on the Daptone label.

Ah @Skalap glad you like! I was kinda intimidated to get you as my Santee since I discover a ton of music through your postings on here and instagram. Just learned about Surprise Chef from Mr. Bongo's website a few months ago. Kinda minimalistic and pretty chill funk. They describe themselves as "cinematic soul journeymen." We often throw them on at my place...when cooking dinner :rolleyes:

Yeah the Olympians are a bunch of members of the Dap Kings, El Michels Affair, Budos Band, Antibalas, etc doing an instrumental album that IMHO is the best hidden gem of an album on the Daptone label.

You couldn't have choose better records. I'll play these records this weekend and share my impressions. I can't see how these can't be super positive ❤️

@Piratenovelist you can go in blind with the Olympians, the Dap Kings and the others. If yoy love soul music, this is for you.

Back